Chapter 3

Please read

Before this chapter starts, I'm going to be changing into perspectives of the characters. (Mainly Espresso's though)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Espresso's Pov

In front of me stood none other than Pomegranate cookie. I couldn't believe it, has Red velvet simply befriended me so that I could be captured by the Cookies of darkness? 

Pomegranate stood in front of me smirking, but before she could speak again, I summoned more Coffee beans and aimed them all at her head. She dashed out of the way of several ones, but one scorched her knee causing her to stumble and fall. 

"How dare you!" she yelled glaring at me.

She raised her shining red mirror that was yet so dark and radiating evil, preparing to summon an attack. 

Again, I shot more burning coffee beans at her head, and she barely missed them all. She picked up a nearby rock and threw it at me, but I flicked my wrist and made it zoom back at her which was tiring. I couldn't handle telechinicis for too long, or I'll get dizzy which was horrible. I should learn to improve that.

 She ducked and started mumbling some words of a spell. I became slightly nervous and thought Argh, I need to stop her before she does an attack. Also what the hell is Red velvet doing right now?

"Look into your past!" Pomegranate shouted suddenly and held up her mirror. 

It started glowing red, and it glowed brighter and brighter engulfing me in its light.. or darkness. Oh no, I've heard of this spell before, it showed someone's traumitizing past. My past was not the best one, and it was something I did not want to see.

I turned my head away trying to avoid it, but with no luck. Soon I saw images of my past flashing before me. The images finally stopped at one where I was no older than 6. Dark enchantress stood looming over my younger self with her arms raised, and I squeezed my eyes shut. I screamed for Pomegranate to stop before I saw what would happen next. Suddenly I heard a yelp and opened my eyes to see Red velvet pushing Pomegranate away. 

"What the heck Pom! You said you wouldn't hurt him!" Red Velvet yelled.

That means.. Red velvet wasn't betraying me, he just needs to be supervised. Unless this is all just a trick to trust him. 

Then I realized Pomegranate was laying on the grassy dirt trying to get up. Perfect, a distraction. Just as I was about to attack again, Chiffon, Red velvet's cake monster tripped me over and I was about to crash face first into the ground. I flapped my arms wildly in hopes of keeping upright.. but no luck. Oh no.. I don't have time to cast a levitating spell.. I'M ABOUT TO CRASH!

I shut my eyes tightly not wishing to see the ground in my face when I crash when someone grabbed a hold of my waist and gently took my arm. 

"Are you ok?" Red velvet asked worriedly, "I'm so so so sorry, I didn't know why she would do that, she's usually much nicer." 

That statement was kind of hard to believe, but I didn't say anything since his face was so close to me. 

I felt myself slightly blushing and I mumbled, "Y-yeah, thanks."

He smiled a little and helped me upright so I wasn't leaning on him anymore. His cake monster  yapped at his feet and I swore it made a disappointing face at me like I should have done something different. 

"A-hem," an annoyed voice coughed.

Pomegranate's Pov

I glared at the two cookies in front of me. If it weren't for Red velvet, I would have made Espresso pay. Not only did he attack me, but he also betrayed Dark Enchantress 4 years ago! He rejected her grand vision of the future, and he ran away! Just like that traitorous prince, Dark Choco. He scurried back to the Dark Cacao kingdom begging for forgiveness to his father. Espresso had left the cookies of darkness just because Dark enchantress was furious at him again for not completing a task and fooling around. Espresso was also powerful, which meant our power went down a ton when he left.