Chapter 16

No one's pov

A carriage could've been seen on the horizon in the darkness of the night. The carriage was no cinderella one, instead, it was a dark one with the patterns of the Dark Cacao kingdom. Inside, sat Espresso, a mage, who was heartbroken, angry, tired, annoyed, and kind of depressed.

In other words, Espresso became Depresso.

Espresso sat on the dark, hard, choco seats, head resting on his hands, staring out the half-curtained window with a blank look in his eyes. He decided it was best to go home and attempt to reconstruct his schedule, although truth is told.. he just wanted to either relax or plan a fiery revenge on everyone he hated.

Perhaps set everything on fire and start a war. That never ended too badly.

His brain was ticking, ticking, like the horse's hooves clomping outside.

By any means, he had not expected Dark Cacao to notify Pure vanilla that Espresso would be arriving a day early with his fastest messenger bird. Or that Pure Vanilla redirected that message to his best knight, Madeleine. Madeleine, being a big talker told Latte and Sparkling. That was how Sparkling was currently preparing drinks for a small welcome-back party directed by Latte.

Latte somehow knew how Espresso hated large parties and things, so she convinced the other two to just plan it between themselves. Well, more like Latte and Madeleine, since Sparkling said he would be leaving for his bar after greeting Espresso since it was still open.

Either way, Espresso was unaware of all this and certainly not at all prepared to spend two whole days with the two people he thought were the most annoying cookies in the world. Well, more like just one person...

Madeleine's pov [3 hrs ago]

"So, due to unfortunate events, Espresso will be returning tonight," Pure Vanilla finished.

"Really?" I exclaimed shocked, jumping up from my seat, "When?!"

"Well, it takes quite a while to travel," Pure Vanilla tapped his chin, "It also took a while to receive the letter even with Dark cacao's fastest bird, but they probably set off a while ago. I'd assume 11 PM?"

"That's like, in 3 hours!" I screeched, my sword clattering to the floor, "I'm sorry, but I got to go prepare his welcome party!"

"He isn't the type to party," Pure Vanilla interjected giving me a gentle amused smile, "You may go, but if you welcome him back, please keep the people short."

"Thank you so much!" I yelled, rushing out of the room.

Alright, let's see what I should prepare...

Latte's pov

I was peacefully talking to Almond over some coffee in my house over some 'tea'. Almond was over the moon when he received a special calling card from Rougefort. The special calling card was nicely decorated with little pink hearts.

"Congratulations," I congratulated him, "I told you my instincts are never wrong! You and he do like each other! I am the matchmaker~!"

"No teasing or I may have to arrest you," he said with a serious, which made me laugh.

"Hahaha, like that time you wrongly accused me and Cream Puff?" I giggled.

"I said I was sorry," Almond huffed and crossed his arms, "Anyways, do not tell anyone! I also need you to help me choose an outfit for the date."