Chapter 9

Latte's pov

By the time we arrived at the nearby cafe, it was packed with people. There were no available tables in view and a long line led to a nervous cashier. I heard Espresso groan, annoyed, from my left side. I didn't mean for this to happen! What should I do? 

"Uh, do you want to come over to my house?" I suggested, trying to look on the bright side, "I live by myself and I get lonely sometimes."

"Hmph, don't you talk to that annoying knight alot?" he replied annoyed.

"Who?" I asked confused. 

"Madeleine..?" he muttered bitterly, "You talk with alot of other people as well."

"I- well, I guess?" I said, wondering why he dislikes Madeleine so much.

Either way, that was rude of him. Although he has absolutely no one to talk with. All he does is research and work. Must be a sad life.

"L-let's just go.." I mumbled and dragged him out the door.

"Hey!" Espresso yelled, "We could've just waited!"

"Yeah well I don't wa-" I started to argue before getting cut off.

"Latte?" a deep voice asked from behind us. 

"AHHH!" Espresso exclaimed and I jumped. 

We both turned our heads to Almond who was sitting at a table. He stared at us bewildered. 

"I hope everything's alright between.. you two," he said, peering at Espresso.

"Don't worry officer," Espresso said, "Latte just insists on leaving because of the long line."

I glared at him, before nodding my head.

"Say, how's your case going? Have you found him yet?" I questioned Almond.

"Who?" Espresso said, but his voice not sounding like he cared.

"Roquefort.. a.k.a the sneakiest most annoying theif around," Almond grumbled, taking a sip of his coffee, "Do tell me if you see him."

"Don't you love him?" I giggled.

"Shh, I do not!" He argued, then blushed slightly, "Go away now!"

I nodded my head then dragged Espresso away. We walked for a while in silence before reaching my house. I opened the door and welcomed Espresso in...

Oh wait! My mum was coming later, so I should start preparing the guest bedroom. The second I stepped into my house I ran to the kitchen and started creating some Latte, and some dinner. 

"I'm going to create some food, then I have to clean up the guest bedroom later," I told Espresso, "Sit down for now!"

Espresso sat down nervously and said, "I can help clean, I don't mind."

That was surprising, I didn't expect him to offer to help out. Welp, you can't judge a book by its cover! 

"Sure," I said cheerfully handing him his food, then asked to started a conversation, "Say.. what was your life like?"

"Excuse me?" He said, sharply turning to me.

Espresso's pov

Did she just ask me how my life has been? Isn't it obvious? I thought pissed, clutching my sandwich harsh enough to crush it.