Chapter 17

Espresso's pov

I was now left alone with Madeleine. He wasn't talking like he usually did, but I didn't mind and instead enjoyed the peace and silence. But due to the fact that I was used to him talking nonstop, the quietness soon became unbearable. How ironic.

"Aren't you gonna boast, or talk about your stupid light magic?" I finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh, Uhm well I thought you would want some peace and quiet," he said, fiddling with a piece of his hair, "If you want I could leave, or talk?"

Wow. This was new. What the fuck happened in the Vanilla Kingdom when I was gone? Perhaps I should tell him to get out of my house like usual, but...

I hate to admit this, but I don't want him to leave. I've gotten used to his presence and on that trip where I nearly died, I admitted to myself I wanted to spend more time with him. I may regret this later on, but a part of me deep down won't let my mouth move.

"It's fine, do whatever you want," I said dismissively, "I'm just gonna grab some more drinks."

He stared at me as I poured myself a cup of Vermouth, so I glared at him. He flinched and I drank it down quickly before he could stop me. I reached for the wine bottle, but Madeleine cut in before I could.

"You have a low tolerance, I don't think this is a good idea," Madeleine said sternly, grabbing my wrist.

"I'm smarter than you," I chuckled.

"No, your mind isn't straight right now, so no," He argued.

"Say, don't you hate me for the previous battles?" I drawled, losing focus of the conversation.

"Not really, everyone deserves second chances. Don't you think?" Madeleine said, looking me in the eyes.

"Whatever, Just let me take a swig," I said, rolling my eyes and looking away.

"No," He said firmly.

I rolled my eyes but backed off for now, but I was now craving for some more, and I wasn't gonna give a fuck about what he thought. When he wasn't looking, I levitated the bottle to me soundlessly and uncorked it. The clear liquid tinted with gold stared back at me and I smirked at how stupid Madeleine was. I chugged it and I didn't stop until I finished... Soon my mind was getting heavy, and I heard Madeleine shout

'LAST TIME YOU CUDDLED WITH ME!'

but I didn't care. Perhaps I wanted him to kiss me this time. Perhaps he may not be a bad boyfriend anyways.

Yeah, we fought before, and I still think his light magic is shit, but he wasn't bad at fighting. Not to mention, it's been 4 years and it honestly hasn't affected me much directly.

He was also hot and I wanted to see his shirt off. I wanted to breathe in his sickeningly sweet Madeleine scent and let him touch me. I wanted him and I wanted to not be in control tonight.

Madeleine's pov

Oh god, Latte is gonna murder me. I turned around for ONE second, and when I turned back around I see Espresso chugging down a bottle of strong wine. Like, did he levitate it to him? Why I'm I even surprised, of course, he would think of a plan like that.

I charged towards him and yelled, "Espresso, last time you cuddled with me!"

Although, I wouldn't mind it happening again... but still! Oh my Divines-