Chapter 25

Espresso's Pov

"Let him go," I whispered, anger and fear boiling over me.

Red Velvet stared back at me wordlessly, Madeleine sacked over his shoulders.

"You didn't touch the food," he finally spoke and my eyes widened, "If you want him to live, you better eat."

Red Velvet dropped Madeleine's body onto the floor. That's when I noticed that he was bleeding at the back and his armor was cracked and stained with blood and cake jam.

"H-his back," I stuttered.

I weakly stepping off the bed and rushed to him only for Red Velvet to push me backwards and onto the floor. He then whipped out his weapon, a sharp and shiny saw, and held it to Madeleine's neck. I gasped in horror.

"Eat the goddamn food or he can die," Red Velvet threatened.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh I would."

"5," I counted.

I've never felt like saving and loving anyone like I do with Madeleine..

"4."

I feel like there's something wrong with me, but it doesn't matter right now.

"3."

I'll put through more torture if he'll live. Even if he's annoying as heck.

"2."

I grabbed the cold macaroni bowl from the floor and the spoon.

"1."

As he said the last number, I stuffed a spoonful of macaroni into my mouth. It tasted disgusting and unappetizing, but I forced myself to swallow.

"Now. Finish the whole bowl," Red Velvet commanded, "I'll heal him as long as you continue to eat. I'm not the worst medic."

I scooped another spoonful shakily and ate it, desperate to finish as soon as I could. Soon, the bowl was empty but Red Velvet wasn't finished bandaging Madeleine yet. Almost, but not completely. Not only that, but I felt even more hungry now that I had actually eaten and my hunger wasn't numb anymore.

"Finished?" He questioned, and I feebly nodded.

He abruptly stood up and stormed to a cabinet. He flung it open and took a box of cookies out. I inched towards Madeleine, but was stopped when the box of cookies were flung to my side, causing me to wince in pain.

"Eat those as well," I instructed before sitting besides Madeleine once again and setting back to work.

I opened the box in annoyance and fished out a chocolate chip cookie. I bit into it and nearly spat it out. It was overly sweet, so sweet I could barf rainbows. Ew. I gagged it down and nearly choked.

I stared at the cookie in disgust. Who would want to create something so horrid? Unbelievable. 

"Why are you so fucking difficult?" Red Velvet growled suddenly.

I looked up to see Red Velvet stomping to me. He snatched me up like I was nothing and placed me in his lap as he sat down on his bed. 

"W-what the fuck man?!" I yelped, very embarrassed about the position we were in, "If Pomegranate sees us-"

I was cut off by Red Velvet grabbing my chin sharply making me wince. He tipped my head up to look into his eyes. I noticed that one of his eyes was completely black including his Selera, with black eyelashes and an icy blue pupil. The other was more normal, it was sky blue with a hint of iciness but his pupils were barely visible. That eye had white eyelashes. That was what they are supposed to look like, or at first glance, but now.. his eyes looked tinted. His gaze looked angry, piercing me with his glare. What's he planning to do?