Chapter 18

Espresso's Pov

I woke up with my head pounding. What happened last night? I thought drowsily.

I lifted my head and felt dizzy instantly, so I dropped it down again. But before I dropped it down, I noticed that I was in a big but cozy room decorated with mostly blue, yellow, and white. The windows were draped by a rich blue drape and sunlight kind of poured through it illuminating it.

My mind flashed through what I did last night. Drinking a whole bottle of wine- Oh my. That was probably why I have such a headache. I'm experiencing a major hangover. How great.

Another memory drifted into my brain, at least I assume it is. I recall being carried by Madeleine somewhere and I was non-stop talking. Although, I'm not sure what I was talking about.

I blinked twice, regaining my eyesight and senses, which was surprising. I don't recall having good eyesight.. hm? Is there something on my neck? I felt something tight on my neck, and I touched it in confusion. My eyes widened at the leather material.. was this A COLLAR?!

That must have jerked me awake. Suddenly I realized I was topless, laying in a warm, heavy, blanket. Right. Besides. MADELEINE?!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WHEN I WAS DRUNK!?

I immediately wanted to get up and yell at Madeleine, but of course, I just had to hesitate. I sighed quietly and changed my mind, pulling the covers up a bit instead. Well, I was the one who decided to get drunk and think of Madeleine kissing me in the process of this whole shenanigan. He brought me to his house to sleep, and It's most likely that it was I who may have done something stupid. That was how I ended up here.

But even if I knew it was my fault, why didn't I want to scold him? I would love to taunt him while battling. Not to mention, why did I not want to get up? What a mystery. My heart beats so fast.. but I don't, I don't like him.. right?

I snuggled into Madeleine's chest instead, curling up and breathed a content sigh. I would have never imagined myself like.. this.

Time ticked by for who knows how long. Minutes slipped by and precious time was wasted instead of working... but I can always work later, and this opportunity may not come again. Why do I care though? Never mind, who I'm I kidding I feel like my heart is about to burst like with Red Velvet.

A yawn came from above my head, and I looked up into Madeleine's face. We were so close together and I felt my cheeks flush red. His face looked so.. so.. beautiful. I must admit, his hair felt so soft and silky, falling over us and the pillow and sheets. Just the sight of this phenomenon made me breathless.

His skin looked so soft, and his eyes and face looked so peaceful sleeping. His eyes opened into a pretty soft sky blue, which I could gaze into all day. Wait, HIS EYES OPENED?!

"U-uhm Espresso?! Why are you curled up in my chest and staring at me?!" Madeleine yelped, eyes widening.

AH SHIT. Have I lost all my brain cells spending time with him? Him opening his eyes meant his awakening-

Madeleine was now looking at me, and he was bright red. I highly doubt as red nor flustered as I was feeling though. I buried my face into his chest embarrassed and let out a 'meep!' Wait, why did I just do that?! Ah, maybe I should kill myself.

After a bit of awkward silence, Madeleine said, "Espresso, you do realize what you're doing right?"

"Y-yeah, duh," I mumble trying to sound convincing, "I-I'm just c-cold."