Chapter 7

Espresso's pov

I woke up and I realized I was hugging something. Whatever it was, it felt warm and soft~ something I don't want to let go of.

I yawned tiredly, god what happened yesterday? Ah right, that. The huge let-down, love potion, going to the bar and kissing Madeleine. What happened after though? I just remember taking a sip of cocktail, then asking for another drink I think? How much cup's did I drink-

I believe I passed out, or something. How embarrasing of me, wasting myself like that. Now my head hurts so much. I definitly shouldn't have drank so much yesterday. Who brought me onto my bed though? Wait.. didn't I magic my door to only open to my touch or if I gave someone permission? If I do recall I don't even have a bed since I had decided it took up too much space and I barely sleep anyways. Then where I'm I?

Argh, my schedule is screwed up.. and hold up, I'm on a fucking couch right now, one that is really soft and warm... my couch isn't this soft is it..

I lifted my head to see what I've been snuggling only to discover...  Madeleine? WHAT THE ACTUALL FUCK???!!!

I leapt backwards and fell off the couch to discover I was in a room with creme colored walls, a blue fuzzy rug, and some other decor. I was in Madeleine's house, not mine's. Crap, I should lea- Suddenly Madeleine yawned and sat up before I could move anywhere.

"Oh, hi Espres-" he started before I cut him off.

"WHY THE FUCK AM I IN YOUR HOUSE?!" I screamed, stumbling up before nearly falling over from a sharp pain in the head.

"Well you were drunk yesterday sooo," he mumbled looking down, and slightly turning pink, "and I couldn't get into your house and when I brought you to mine you kinda collapsed onto my couch and wouldn't let go of me-"

I couldn't let go of him? What?! I felt heat creeping up to my face but shoved it away since it's probably because I was embarrassed. Ah love, such a lovely and sweet thing.. that can be easily crushed. There was no way he's telling the truth, but then at the same time I woke up hugging him.

"Well, that was considerate of you but I must get going," I said hurriedly, diverting the subject, "I slept yesterday and woke up late so therefore I must reschedule everything and catch up on things I need to finish or complete."

"Why don't you stay for breakfast?" he asked with a smile as bright as that annoyingly bright sun shining through the window and completely ignoring what I just said, "also what do you mean sleep is not on your schedule?"

"Sleeping is simply not on my schedule, and as for breakfast I am quite busy and can just drink some more coffee when I get back," I replied snappily, "also you could have just left me by myself when I started hugging you."

"Not sleeping isn't healthy Espresso!" Madeleine exclaimed shocked, "and I didn't want to wake you since you were so sleepy. Good thing too since you don't sleep."

"Did anything else happen?" I said, now nervous.

"Uh well you started mumbling last night as well," he stuttered, "I couldn't really hear though, so don't worry."

 "Can you stay a while longer. Pleaaase?" Madeleine continued with a begging tone.

I studied him under my glasses. Why the heck does he want me to stay? I thought in annoyance and confusion.  

He was literally giving me puppy eyes by now, but I don't give in easily. Also thank god he couldn't hear me mumbling, I was probably mumbling about my past memories. I was dreaming about it last night after all. Nightmares, ugh.

"Why do you want me around anyways?" I replied angrily, "I'm an ex cookie of darkness, now, I will take my leave. Good. BYE."

I flung open his front door then slammed it hard behind me before he could follow. I heard him say something like, 'the past doesn't define us! Please sta-' but I ignored his useless chatter.

Things were getting quite uncomfortable for me. I hated him before but now that I kissed him.. although he is pretty cute~

AARGHH. Where did that thought come from? Stupid stupid thoughts, messing me up lately. 

I stomped to my house when I bumped into someone yet again. I barely come out my house so I don't really recognize many cookies, but I've definitely seen her a lot. Many people seem to know her, and I've seen her associate with many kids before. I think she also hangs out with Madeleine often. I'm going to assume she is a school proffessor if I'm not incorrect.

She was kind of pretty, with white hair fading to light brown that looked like a latte. She also had milking brown eyes and wore a brown outfit with tiny creme colored details and a little cape and white bow. She also had a chocolaty brown cone shaped hat with lighter swirls under, and white gloves and socks.

"My apologies," I said, giving a short bow.

She smiled warmly at me and said in a warm voice, "No, It's alright! My name is Latte cookie, it's nice to meet you!"

----------------------------------------------------------

word count: 870

Hi! Sorry for the short chapter, I've been kind of busy lately and I thought it would be a good place to end right there. I'm going camping soon so I might not post for a while (like more than 5 days.. 7?)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter though! Madeleine won't be Espresso's lover... yet. heheheh.

And I can't believe I'm on chapter 8 already! yay :)

(Well techincally chapter 7 since first page was about basic info)

and ty for 250+ reads :D

-  Crimson

Written: 08/18/22
Edited: 02/19/23