Chapter 22

Espresso's Pov

"Get up," Licorice said with an annoyed tone.

It's been so long since I've eaten... I realized warily.

I didn't touch the food Red Velvet gave me. I won't accept it from him, whose eyes looked evil instead of kind. I can take a little hunger, I did it plentiful times at crucial moments of experiments.

I barely stumbled up before crashing back down. My legs and arms were no longer cuffed, but there was still a collar on my neck, ridding my magic. Still, that restriction didn't restrict movement, which meant I should've been able to stand up..

but I couldn't as I just proved.

My head hurt and my body felt empty, like an empty vessel.

"Why are you so damn difficult?" Licorice snarled and grabbed my collar.

I'm weak. Pathetic. I can't even defend myself against someone like him.

"You're too slow Licorice, allow me to handle him instead," an annoyed voice, Pomegranate huffed, stepping towards me.

"Whatever, I can't believe you're still helping Dark Enchantress after what she did to Red Velvet," Licorice jeered hauntingly.

He threw me to the floor like scum and I crashed down with a thump, my glasses nearly falling off. I heard him walk off, chuckling, and I bit my lips angrily.

A couple silent seconds passed as I waited for what she was going to say. I wasn't going to start the conversation with her. So none of us spoke. 

Suddenly, Pomegranate gently scooped me up into her arms and staggered from my weight. He actions suprised me and I flinched.

"It's only been a bit more than a day if you're wondering, but the sleeping drugs you swallowed makes you thirsty, hungry, and fatigue," Pomegranate mumbled quietly as she proceeded to bend down to pick up the untouched food.

"So? Why do you care?" I rasped out hotly, my throat feeling like it would trail off any moment.

"Just because I kidnapped you and support my master, does not mean I have to be rough like them," Pomegranate replied, which I find it hard to believe, "Save your breath, your prince in shining armour needs it when he searches for you."

"Shut up," I whispered irritated, "Please, spare me of your decietfulness. You chose to stay this path, and now we are basically official enemies."

"That is indeed true, and I don't 100% hope Madeleine comes rescue you, but I don't see it as a bad idea. You might think I'm a bitch but I hate seeing you and Red Velvet like this," Pomegranate retorted, her voice snappy again.

"You betrayed your own village," I said quietly, finding her word incredoulous, "You're the most loyal to her out of us."

"I'm doubting myself," She said, her voice barely audible.

I thought I had misheard her even, perhaps I did. She said me and Red Velvet.. What? What did Dark Enchantress do to Red Velvet?

It appeared like Pomegranate genuinely meant what she had said. After all she had been carrying me along the dark corridors of the castle as we talked. Well we had been talking until now, where she stopped in front of a tall black door adorned with red lines. The door to the meeting room and dining hall.

Pomegranate knocked the on the door and a chilling voice from the other said said, "Enter."

Pomegranate set me down onto my feet with no warning and I stumbled, stabilizing myself with the wall. She pushed the door open, revealing a big room with a long dining table and chairs. At the farthest seat, sat Dark Enchantress. I felt my knees wobble and felt a chill down my spine at her icy glare.