Chapter 12

Madeleine's pov

"He's leaving?!" I yelled in surprise at what Latte has told me, "FOR REAL?!"

Latte nodded, "You haven't heard? I thought you would."

It was a sunny day and I and Latte were taking a walk. We had just been talking about Espresso. Turns out they're long lost siblings. Lots of drama occurred last night apparently. No wonder Espresso was upset and crying in the rain.

Damn, I used to like Latte but had lost my feelings a long time ago. She's definitely more like my best friend than a girlfriend. I'm not saying she's not going to be a fantastic girlfriend, her personality is amazing, but she isn't my type and I highly doubt she'd like me romantically either.

Still, I used to like her.. and now to find out Espresso was related to her... I could feel myself blushing despite myself.

"No, I haven't, when did he even decide this?" I asked fazed, "I need to get him a farewell gift!"

"Chill, he's only leaving for four or so days," Latte giggled as I panicked for almost no reason, "He needs fresh and rare ingredients from the mountains."

"O-oh," I mumbled, "I'm going to just get him flowers then. When is he leaving?"

"Well, Caramel Arrow is probably receiving farewells in the town center, but they should be gone by 7 AM," she declared.

I looked down at my watch and checked the time. Hmm.. 6:30 am. Damn, that's early. I suppose that's because I have a mission later, so I did ask Latte to walk early... Wait. WAIT, OH SHIT.

"AHHHH," I screamed as realization dawned on me, "LATTE I GOTTA GO!"

She started laughing, "You better hurry before they leave~."

I ran to Herb's flower shop only to find it closed. Oh fuck he is probably with the other cookies saying goodbye to Caramel Arrow! Maybe Espresso will enjoy coffee beans instead? He probably won't like flowers anyways. If I gave him flowers, he'll say it was a useless waste of money and that I could've gotten something useful instead for his trip.

Coffee's not that useful to me but Latte said he loves it with no milk which was very barbaric.

I dashed to my house and grabbed a small bag of coffee beans. I had a small bag in my cupboard since Latte sometimes asked to drink Coffee when she came over. I sprinted out the door after quickly locking it and checked my watch again.

It was 6:50 already?! I thought only Caramel Arrow was leaving so I said goodbye last night in order for me to take a walk this morning. Arghh, what did she say again? She was leaving at the North Edge, right? She was probably done waving goodbye in the town center and is finishing up goodbyes at the North Edge anyways. That's just around here.

When I arrived, Latte was already there. Hmmph, she probably knew about my little crus- never mind.

Either way, I bet she wanted to see me run around so she told me at the last moment. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Caramel Arrow waving about to leave. Espresso stood at the corner of the crowd with a look of displeasure and boredom.

"WAIT!" I screeched running towards them.

The crowd parted ways and several cookies glanced at me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Caramel Arrow staring at me amused and confused. Espresso looked bewildered and annoyed. Suddenly out of nowhere pink hair flashed before my eyes and someone pushed me down...