Chapter 32

StephCurry: Everyday I am greeted with this beautiful sight before me and I am reminded of how blessed I am to be marrying my bestfriend

2,000,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

It has been months since the family last hit up the basketball court for some family fun so my dad invited us over to his place for a friendly game. I assumed that Stephen would be my partner but the guys decided that they would team up against the women and my dad would be referee.

"Don't forget that I'm pregnant." I remind everyone as we get ready to play. "You can't be dunkin' on a pregnant lady or trying to break her ankles."

"And here I thought that you had a basketball under that shirt of yours." Mateo playfully rolls his eyes. "You wanted to play ball so we're going to play ball."

My mouth drops and I turn to my man for support.

"Rules are rules." Stephen pulls a face so I place my hands my over my large bump to remind him of our child. "We'll play nice."

"Damn." Destiny laughs as the guys start stretching while conversing with my dad. "You've got your baby daddy and brother against you."

"Don't act like that's not your husband out there." I give her the side eye, "I'm going to break his ankles." 

Destiny bursts out laughing, "I'll be waiting for that moment."

"Daddy, you have to let me win since I'm you pregnant daughter." I tell my dad who chuckles before pushing me away from him. "I'm serious."

"Just bring your A game, remember everything that I taught you and you've got it in the bag. " My dad winks at me as he begins to dribble the ball. "I've shown you how to play against fat people and I've shown you how to play as a fat person. Now you're the fat person so do what you gotta do."

I grimace as I reflect on my teenage years where my dad would make me wear fat suits and weighted pads to play ball so I could learn how to play the sport with obstacles. I went through a period when my weight was fluctuating and my dad didn't want me to feel limited at any weight.

 I went through a period when my weight was fluctuating and my dad didn't want me to feel limited at any weight