Chapter 11

Even though Mateo wanted to stay with me, he had to return to work because he had missed out on a few games and training. Maria made me stay at her place with her but then I attempted suicide again so I checked myself into a rehabilitation centre for 21 days.

For first time in over a month, I went back to work so that we could sort out my business affairs since a collaborator decided to drop out. I had to also reschedule my fashion show since my mom had taken over my business while I was away to cancel it which I'm grateful for.

Never once has my personal affairs ever made me lose a job. It did push me to want to do better and thankfully the office looked relieved to see me. We had a moment where we rejoiced my good health and mental state before setting out on putting The Antonella back on top.

---

KyrieIrving: Surprised the kid with a teddy and her smile was so worth it

1,200,938 likes ~ disabled comments

---

"Thank you so much for the teddy

"Thank you so much for the teddy." I smile at Kyrie as I cuddle up to the teddy bear which he bought me. 

When I returned home, Kyrie was waiting outside my house with a big teddy. It really made me smile, I couldn't help but give him a small kiss as I received the gift.

"You're welcome." He says with a smile as he pulls me in for a much needed hug. "I'm glad you're doing good."

"I am too." I smile softly.

I put the teddy bear down in the living room before heading to the kitchen with Kyrie at my side. We start pulling ingredients out from my cupboards and freezer before we get set on making lasagna. 

Once we put the lasagna in the oven, Kyrie turns my radio on. I smile as the smooth voice of Otis Redding sounds throughout the kitchen.

"Dance with me." Kyrie grabs my hand and pulls me close. I say nothing as he pulls me to his chest, instead I smile as I rest my head to his chest. Kyrie lets out a small sigh as we begin to slow dance to the music.

Oh, she may be weary
Young girls they do get weary
Wearing that same old shaggy dress, yeah yeah
But when she gets weary
Try a little tenderness, yeah yeah

I giggle as Kyrie spins me out before pulling me back to his chest.

You know she's waiting
Just anticipating
For things that she'll never, never, never, never possess, yeah yeah
But while she's there waiting, without them
Try a little tenderness [(that's all you gotta do)]

Kyrie's hand on my lower back moves a little lower as he kisses my temple. I bite down on lip as I look up at him, unable to read his expression. Kyrie makes the first move as he leans down, I lean up and our lips meet for a passionate embrace.

---

Kyrie and I ended up spending the rest of day together. We didn't sleep with eachother but we did sneak in a few makeout sessions, here and there. It was nice to be with somebody who actually wanted to be there and was being supportive throughout everything.

I still had people hating on me, even more so since my suicide attempt but I also had a lot of supporters. The conversation that I wanted to have with Ayesha would never happen, she said one too many things and I just don't want nothing to do with her. I have yet to speak out about everything but I will do sometime soon just to clarify everything. 

It won't be easy but I'm stronger know. 

I sigh deeply before knocking on my sister's door. I could have used the key that I have to her house but after I attempted suicide in there, it doesn't feel right for me to hold  key to her home.

"Hey Mia." She softly says as she opens the door. We just stare at eachother for a moment before she pulls me in for a much needed hug which made me feel like a little girl. 

"I'm so sorry." I whisper in her ear and she tightens her grip around me. I feel something wet on the side of my face, my face scrunches up as I realise that I made the strongest woman that I know cry. "Maria, I'm better now. I promise."

She brings me into her home and leads me into her backyard. I'm sure that me being in her home is bringing her bad memories. She holds out a bowl of fruit salad to me and I thank her as I grab a few strawberries from the bowl.

 She holds out a bowl of fruit salad to me and I thank her as I grab a few strawberries from the bowl

"I don't want to talk about what went down." Maria states with a blank expression. "As long as you're ok, I'm good."

I pop the strawberries in my mouth while nodding at her.

We sit there for about ten minutes, just listening to music and enjoying the fruit bowl. I love moments like these because I find myself learning and reflecting more during the silence. 

"Have you gotten The Antonella back on track?" Maria asks, breaking the silence.

"I've lost a few business deals which sucks but I don't mind, the comeback will only be stronger." I respond. "My personal life has never affected my business life so this is a first and it's a learning experience."

"Just don't lose yourself." Maria gives me a soft smile. "The thing about this situation is that you get to come out strong, you will win and you will rise. Anybody who tries to take you down, I will take them down."