Chapter 23

MiaAntonella: Since Maria shared a picture from my private party, here is one more

5,000,000 likes ~ 17,000 comments

---

We are posing on the red carpet for the Sports Hall of Fame which my father will be inducted into tonight. All eyes are on us as we stand on the red carpet and it is a very special moment for the Ferguson family.

My father has given his entire life to basketball and it makes me happy to see him being recognised for everything that he does. Mateo and my father shared a beautiful moment at the house and it made me tear up.

I don't think my father realises how much lives he has touched.

"Franco Ferguson, how do you feel?" A reporter calls out and my father beams

"I feel blessed and highly favored." My father lets out a small chuckle which makes me smile more.

"Congratulations Ferguson." A fan shouts from the stands and my father lifts his hand up in acknowledgment. Soon more and more start shouting for my father and he does the best that he can to give them each attention.

"One day Mateo." Maria pats my brother on the shoulder. "Ten, twenty years from now and this will be you."

"Hopefully." Mateo chews on the inside of his cheek.

Once we make our way inside, our father is instantly greeted by the people that he has worked with so Anabelle stays by my side. I'm so happy to see how appreciated my father is by his peers, my only wish is that my mother could have been here.

I had hoped she would show up but she declined the invitation.

"This is pretty wild." Anabelle looks around in amazement and I slip my arm through hers. "Your father has done some amazing things in his lifetime and I am so in awe of him."

Mateo starts conversing with some basketballers while Maria is speaking with some of the WAGS so I start leading Anabelle to our seats.

"Thanks for sticking by my father." Anabelle looks at me in confusion. "I know that it hasn't been easy being the wife of Franco Ferguson due to his level of fame and his life but I'm happy that you stuck around."