Chapter 15

Since my fashion show was cancelled, I had to make plans to reschedule a new one since I still have a collection to release. I lost the original venue, sponsors, models and guests but I didn't put too much focus on that. If they couldn't be with me through my darkest times then they shouldn't be with me during the greatest.

After the scandal, I am not expecting a huge turnout. I had originally planned to have 170 people at the show but I wouldn't be surprised if there was less than 30 people were to show up. I didn't want to feel disheartened about the lack of guests so I let somebody watch over that while I dealt with everything else.

This whole show is setting me back almost three million dollars so it better be a success since everything changed last minute. 

I end up arriving six hours before the show so that we can do final dress rehearsals and make any amendments or changes to the looks. The six hours went by in a breeze and before I knew it, the show was getting ready to start.

"Alright everyone." Everyone stops what they are doing to listen to me. "I know that for some of you this may be very last minute while others have been ready for this moment for months. No matter what happens, I just want to thank you all for being here and putting your trust in me. In Jesus name we shall succeed and it can only be up from here."

Everyone cheers and I smile at them.

"Relax and have fun." I clap my hands together once. "If you notice any malfunctions then let us know prior to going out on stage and if you fall, it's ok. Take a moment to yourself and then continue."

With that final message, I leave them and head to the red carpet to quickly have my pictures taken in my second outfit. I did my interviews an hour earlier so that I wouldn't be pressed for time.

I was unfortunately unable to appear on the carpet at the same time as my family so I will have to see them later.

My song with Jennifer Lopez plays in the background as I appear from behind the curtains only to be met with a huge round of applause. 

"Thank you, thank you

"Thank you, thank you." My voice cracks as I take in the venue which is completely packed, my heart is filled with joy. I start off by apologising for the rescheduling before making a small speech on the collection, what it means to me and where half the proceeds will be going to.

As I'm talking I spot a lot of my family there and it makes my heart burst with pride. To see my boyfriend, Kyrie sitting with my family makes me even happier. My father brought his wife along which makes me happy because I know that he does feel awkward bringing her around the family.

What made me the happiest and made me stop talking was when I spotted my mother sitting inbetween my siblings. I did cry for a moment because I never expected her to be here since I know that she likes her privacy. This is the first show that she has ever attended for The Antonella.