Chapter 18

"Welcome to the Tabitha Michaels show where are joined by Franco and Mia Ferguson." The host introduces the show for a couple more minutes before turning to face us. "Thank you guys for turning up this morning."

"It's always a good time with you, Tabitha." My dad smiles at her and I do the same.

Tabitha asks a few questions about our upcoming plans with our acting careers before switching to the more juicier topics

"Mia, you have gained quite a reputation for dating NBA players." I nod my head. "What was your father's reaction once this brought to the public eye?"

"I'm always open about my relationship status and my father is one that I actually talk to about that stuff." I smile over at him and he squeezes my knee. "Franco Ferguson is a very understanding man and he didn't scold me for only dating men from the NBA, he just advised me to keep that on the down low."

"My daughter is a very talented individual and I didn't want her love life overshadowing that so we decided that she would not discuss it publicly." I nod my head at his words. "My daughter dates NBA players, it can be awkward after they broke up and I have to work with them but other than that... as long as my daughter is happy then so am I."

"I love that." Tabitha beams at us. "What are your thoughts on her current relationship with Kyrie Irving?"

"I'm impressed." We all laugh at his words. "She had previously dated or had a fling with Kyrie. I have known Kyrie since he was first drafted and the kid has serious potential to be even greater than he is now. He is very respectful and treats my daughter right so I'm good."

I give him a questioning look, "Are you really?"

"I am." He reassures me. "The only times that I don't approve is when I walk into your house and you are having phone sex with him."

I groan as Tabitha bursts out laughing.

"DAD!"

"She's my daughter so I won't mimic any of the noises that she makes but it is very disturbing." He continues and I playfully nudge him. "They're still young so why not have all the fun while you still can."

"Do you want grandchildren yet?"

My dad scrunches his face up for a moment as he thinks the question through, "I'm not opposed to the idea. Of course I want to have grandchildren but I also understand that my children live very busy lives and inserting a child into that might not be the best option."

"Besides, Mateo is getting married soon so who knows." I wink at the camera.

"How old were you when you had Maria?" Tabitha asks while leaning forward.

"I may have been either 24 or 25 when she was born." My dad answers with a thoughtful look on his face. "It was a very crazy time in my life, I was being traded to a different team so I had to uproot my life. My wife at the time was an international model so it definitely was a challenging period but you learn from your experience, you learn how to be a parent and look at us now. 28 years later, I have three amazing children who are doing so incredibly well for themselves."

"Do you want more children?" I ask him. I am well aware that my father is 52 years old but he is incredibly fit and I'm sure that he can handle more children.

"Since getting married to Annabelle, it was something that I did not want." He closes his eyes for a moment. "I actually felt guilty for even pursuing a relationship with her."

"Why?" Tabitha and I simultaneously ask.

"I have experienced a lot more than her, I have lived my life." He looks between us. "I got married, I had children, I bought my first house, I paid off my debts and I have experienced an incredible NBA career. Annabelle was then pursuing her acting career, she was still renting, she never got married or had children before. I had to question if it was selfish of me to be with her knowing that I experienced my firsts already and she had not."

I understand what he is saying.

"What would be my first with Annabelle?" He rubs his lips together. "I expressed this to her and she was understanding towards my reason not to rush things, three years later we are married. Back to the question though, after a couple years of marriage, I do want children with Annabelle. She deserves that much."

---

"Are you planning to come out with new music?" Tiffany asks me as we lounge around her pool.

"Not at the moment, I think when I'm in Argentina filming my new telenovela I'll work on some music." I respond as I sip on my cocktail. "Andraya, you good?"

I look over at my cousin who is laying on her stomach, sunbathing.

"I'm tired." She mumbles and I rub her back. 

"How are things going with Kyrie?" Tiffany wiggles her brows at me

"Things are going really well between us." I respond with a small smile. "He is honestly my guardian angel and I think that I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

Andraya's head pops up, "He must have that good vitamin D."

"Of course he does." I wink at her. "But he also has the most amazing personality, he is super supportive of my career and he is just my rock."

"How does he feel about moving to Argentina to shoot your film series at the end of the year?" Tiffany looks over at me. "Is he ok with it?"

"We have yet to discuss it." I play with my bikini bottom. "One part of me wanted to give up the role but it is such a great opportunity and you guys know how much I love shooting Telenovelas. I get to live out my entire fantasy and it makes me really happy."

"Well you guys need to discuss it because time will start fly." Andraya mumbles as she wraps the towel around her body as she sits up. "This sun is dangerous, it's burning like fuck."

"Oh yeah." My eyes flicker to Tiffany. "Did something end up happening between you and Drake?"

Tiffany rolls her eyes, "We hooked up but I'm not interested in him or the life he lives and no I don't want Chris Paul back."

"Who do you want?"

"Jayson Tatum." Tiffany smiles to herself.

"Good choice, he is hot." Andraya coolly comments. "Well if he is who you want then go for it."

"Just stay away from the taken men."