Chapter 4

MiaAntonella: New Single and Music Video to 'Die Slow' is out 

5,000,000 likes ~ 25,394 comments

---

My father Franco Ferguson is Afro-Latino. His mother is from Colombia and his father is African American which should explain why our surname is Ferguson and not something more exotic or 'Latin'.  I love the fact that my father is mixed race because I was able to grow up experiencing different cultures.

  I love the fact that my father is mixed race because I was able to grow up experiencing different cultures

"Imma need an update on your love life. I don't like all the shit that I'm reading in the articles so tell me kid." My dad gives me a look before biting into his cheeseburger.

"I'm not dating anybody." He purses his lips at me and I take a small sip of my lemonade. "I'm not, honestly."

"If you do end up dating somebody soon or just doing your little friends with benefits thing then you better keep it under wraps." He drinks some water. "I can't be out here acting like your PR whenever you decide to drop one man for another. You have a fashion line that people don't talk about until fashion week because they are too busy focusing on your sex life. As your father, I'm telling you to get your shit together."

I say nothing as I nibble on a chip. 

"You have to fix up because this ain't the way. You may not care about people calling you a slut or a basketball whore but I do." He looks me in the eye. "I have influence in the basketball world but the press will take anything that you give them and run with it. I can sue them or have headlines put down but by then, it's too late because it's been out long enough for somebody to see and all it takes is just one person. Mia, are you understanding me?"

"Yeah." I run a hand through my hair in embarrassment. 

"Start thinking about the future, you're twenty five years old." He takes another bite of his burger. "You have your career in check but make sure that people stay talking about your career and not about who you're fucking."

---

"Wazzup." I answer the facetime video call to my brother sticking his tongue out like they do in Scary Movie.