✔Chapter 25 // Proximity

When they arrived at Omani village, before splitting ways Somsak finally decided to say something.

"Aaden will still train you, tomorrow and after. He sees your potential, the same as I. We just don't want you to begin something you can't finish. It never ends well."

Jungkook nodded, thankful for his words but honestly too exhausted to reflect on them right now.

He walked home alone from there; it was already nightfall. He entered the hut and saw both Leah and Namjoon sitting on the bed and talking. They both shut up and looked up when he entered.

Leah felt the tension and decided to say something jokingly, "Wow, did you roll around in the mud?"

"Yes, I did." His tone was somewhat dry, even to his own ears.

Namjoon and Leah looked at each other, unsure of how to answer. Jungkook dropped his things by the door and took his water bottle to fill it up and drink some. To him, there was a rift between him and them — how could they understand what he was feeling? He didn't have the headspace for it though, he still had to meditate on everything that happened that day properly and on what he wanted to do in the future.

After drinking he noticed he was starving. He opened the small fridge and saw that what he had cooked for lunch was still there.

"Since we're all here, I wanted to ask if you'd mind switching beds with me, Leah."

Jungkook turned around and Leah also looked at Namjoon, surprised.

He was scratching the back of his head, "I didn't really feel comfortable tonight and I don't think I can sleep with someone else in the same bed while my shoulder is like this. I know this is something indecent to ask, but—"

"Indecent?" Jungkook interrupted, repeating the word. Was it indecent that they had slept in the same bed that whole time?

Leah shook her head, still astonished. "What?" She mimicked Jungkook's tone. "It's not like we've done anything but sleep, but even if we had, it's not like it's a crime or something to be ashamed of."

Jungkook's eyes widened and Namjoon was as red as a tomato by the time she was done talking.

"Of course not! Of course, that's not what I meant. You're both adults, completely free to do whatever you want."

"That being said, I... don't know." Leah looked up at Jungkook, uncertain. She had her own reasons for saying no, but she didn't know if they were strong enough to refuse Namjoon. Especially since he was asking for his health and well-being.

Jungkook's brain was honestly frozen. He was tired, aching, and itching all over and his mind had reached maximum capacity about thirty minutes ago. Leah's words were swirling around in his brain with nowhere to go.

He ended up sighing and rubbing his eyes, "It's fine by me."

He walked straight to the bathroom, having decided to not hear anything else before he could rest for a bit.

The bathroom door closed behind Jungkook and Leah took a deep breath.

"Well, wish granted," she said with a small smile.

Namjoon nodded with the same kind of facial expression until it disappeared in worry. "I really need to talk to him..."

"Yes, but before that you should go and talk to Ella. She wants to give you a better overview of your recovery timeline."

Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise, "Why didn't you say so sooner?"

Leah smiled embarrassedly, "Sorry, I was just so excited about my name that I forgot. But hey, I only arrived half an hour ago, it's not like you waited much."