Chapter 9: Draupadi

I looked at the golden flute of Govinda .I kept it near my lips and softly blowed air in it .While blowing air into the hole ,I remembered the lotus eyed Govinda whose sweet smile touches the hearts of the devotees .I meditated upon my beloved Krishna ,who had secretly stolen my heart by his mesmerising love .As I though of him ,I could feel and hear a light music coming out of the flute . I got the feeling that my innermost Krishna was playing the flute .I lost all of my senses .Suddenly I felt as if my body had become as light as a feather.
"Hear me ,oh Nandlala
Oh Krishna............"
It seemed that the time had stopped ,everything had stopped .There was silence all around .The sound of birds ,the chaos in the streets of Dwarka ,the temple bells ......everything faded away .Now I entered into a new place .

I opened my eyes with curiosity and ,of course with nervousness .The Place was very much different .New corridors ,new rooms and of course new people .......
Now I started to walk into the new place ,trying to find some hint about the place ...
Then I saw some people ,perhaps ministers who were discussing something important .I went more closely to hear them ........
"The king is indeed very wise ....he has made a perfect decision for his daughter........Still I couldn't understand......I decided to enter the royal chamber and stood behind a pillar .
I heard voices again .....three people were present ,busy in some important discussion..
One of them was a girl ,a young girl whose long and dense hair reached the floor ,decorated with lotus flowers and various jewels .She had a dark complexion ,her voice was sweet, her eyes like 2 petals ....she looked like a goddess ....

             (Credits to the creator 👆)

Draupadi ,Krishna ,Panchali ,Yagyaseni .....The fire born princess ...I knew it
She was standing with an elderly person and even Krishna was there .

OH KRISHNA

He was deeply immersed in the discussion........
"That's a good decision that you've made ,king Drupada....There might be someone in this whole Bharatvarsh who'll win Draupadi's hand for sure ......hold up a grand swayamvara for her ..."
Draupadi became slightly shy and smiled at Krishna ....
" That will be a great pleasure for me ...oh Vasudeva ,I must go and make preparations for the same"
After paying his obeisances to Krishna ,the king immediately left .Draupadi gazed at Krishna's eyes with wonder and curiosity......and a bit of nervousness....
"Will 'he' also come ,Govind ?"

"Trust me ,surely he'll come .If you are destined to marry him ,nothing will stop you dear Draupadi" ....
Krishna's soothing and comforting voice made her smile ...
For a moment ,Krishna's eyes turned towards me (he knew I was there) & he winked his eye ...

Before he could say anything ,Draupadi pulled Krishna's hand and took him towards the dining room .....
"As a token of our friendship ,you must have all these delicacies prepared by me ,especially for you........"
She kept a plate full of 56 food items (chappan Bhog) ,many fruits and cakes and sweets .She became more and more enthusiastic when she started serving Krishna .Panchali was indeed overjoyed after meeting Him .
"Ah! Sakhi I am really pleased ,  b..but...I can't have all of them !"
Krishna exclaimed .....their bond was so nice . They looked more like a brother and sister.
"Oh you have to ,you must ! You have come all the way from Dwarka and you really seem very exhausted.......you are our guest ,my friend and my mentor .Actually you are like a brother to me ......
Please allow me to serve you Govind ....."
she was somewhat attached to him .....

Seeing all those dishes ,my mouth started to water ......but again and again the person I was getting attracted to was Krishna .He smiled at Draupadi after sensing her firm dedication and devotion to him .
"Bless you Draupadi !...."
Krishna got up from his seat after his meals .....
" I'll meet you after sometime. I  have an important work to be completed now..."
Draupadi folded her hands and bowed before him .Still ,there was disappointment in her as Krishna was leaving .It seemed as if she would not leave Krishna away from her vision ,even for a second .She kept looking at him from behind ,while he was leaving the room .Draupadi loved Krishna as a friend and a brother ,but not as a lover ...
I came out of the palace ,into the gardens .
"Godha !?" Krishna's voice came from behind ....
"KRISHNA ! It was really nice to see you and Draupadi together ....." I ran towards him ...
He smiled at me and took my hands in his . "You couldn't be there in Dwarka without me ,so you followed me here .....you really are mad about me ,aren't you beloved ?"
I got shy .... "Dwarka is beautiful and extremely divine to live and stay in ,but without your presence Krishna.....it looks somewhat incomplete .....I will follow you where ever you go ......" I said .
"Of course ... ...." He pulled my cheeks .....
Then I asked him about Draupadi.........
"She is known for her humbleness and her serving attitude towards elders and guests ......I must surely appreciate Draupadi and even her father ,King Drupada" Krishna added .

"But you know Kanha ,I really feel sorry for her .A young and a happy girl ,will become a common wife tomorrow and, then will be insulted in front of a court filled with hundreds and thousands of men ,will further become a victim for many other dangers as well .Her life is really unfortunate. Does she have to suffer this much ? Seeing her happy like this today ,really makes me feel sorry about her tomorrow ." I told him with my tone low
Krishna kept his hand on my head .His reaction too was sad now after hearing me .
"Look , Godha I know it's really tough .I too got emotional when I saw my Sakhi doing so much for me .But whatever is destined to happen ,will happen .If Draupadi never got insulted  ,the Mahabharata war ,the war and struggle for Dharma would never have occurred .Draupadi cheerharan is an example of total surrender to God ,no matter how you are ,in what state you are ,who you are ,or in whatever circumstances you are .It teaches the mankind that during tough times ,when the world is against you ,when even your closest relatives ,family or friends can't protect you ......It is only God who comes to the rescue only by completely surrendering to him ."

He was right .But still my mind wasn't convinced...
Sensing me ,Krishna smiled at me "I know you are not convinced ,but let us not resist the life of each person which is destined to happen for a big reason ......"
"Yes ,Krishna you're right........but why did you come outside the palace anyway ?" I asked him .
"I am going to meet Aunt Kunti and their sons ,the Pandavas ." Krishna answered brightly .
"The...they're here ?" I got excited as I heard him .They are the main heroes of this epic ,after all .
"Yes they are here ,after the incident of lakshagriha (wax house) .....I'll make sure that Arjuna participates this swayamvara....I hope you understand...".

"I got it ......can I come with you ...besides ,I want to come with you wherever you go Krishna !" I was eagerly waiting for his reply .
"You're welcome to join me  ,let's go !"..... he answered.

(Credits to the creator 👆👆)

😊Hope the story is good ............
I loved to portray Krishna and Draupadi's friendship......
...