Chapter 22 : Princess Godha of Udupi

"So like.....how am I supposed to introduce myself ? Which kingdom's princess am I ? And for what work have I come to Dwarka ? Come on Krishna ,tell me ." I asked
He yawned heavily and stretched his arms . "Look ,now that's your work .You yourself frame answers for your questions .Let's see how much creativity you use for your introduction ...." He answered .
"Alright .......I will do it .......but ..but please do help me if I go wrong somewhere .You know how much dependent I am upon you ..."
Krishna sighed and kept both of his hands on my shoulders "Do you think I will leave you alone ? I will surely help you ,for I live in you as your courage ,wisdom and love .Krishna is always there for his Godha , no matter what. Don't worry too much ,but yes remember whatever I told you.... come let's head back to Dwarka ....It's already late ." He said in a comforting and firm tone .
Since we were in the forest ,I couldn't feel the change .But as we entered into the streets ,people started to look at me and I was noticeable .Still my mind was not convinced .
Had I really changed ? Did Krishna really transform me ? Was I visible to everyone ? Did people realise that I was a person belonging to their era ?
I was filled with multiple thoughts ,until I pushed a lady in my way ....by mistake. And I too fell on the ground as my leg slipped .
"Are you alright ? Please watch where you're going .." She helped me to get up
I couldn't believe .....It means everything was true !
"Oh my goodness ! I am not invisible anymore ! Everyone can see me and talk to me ! That's Awesome ! That's wonderful ! I have really changed !" I was shouting like this in front of everyone ,amid the crowd ,standing in the middle of the street .But the moment I realised the reality , I felt highly embarrassing and awkward .Krishna ,who was walking few steps ahead of me .....turned back and looked at me with a tensed expression on his face .
"Godha ! What are you doing ! Stop it !" He whispered to me ,in such a way that I could hear .
I ran quickly from that place .Everyone were looking at me strangely .
"I'm sorry ,I just became too excited and therefore overreacted .I'll make sure it doesn't happen again ." I apologised
"Look ,you have to learn to behave like a princess . And don't forget that you are not the way how you were all these days .Be mindful of your surroundings ,your speech and your behaviour . If you make any mistake ,you'll land in trouble ." Krishna replied .
"I won't make any mistake Krishna .....don't worry too much" I replied
He sighed and we both left for the palace .

As we were nearing the place ,my level of nervousness and tension was increasing

As we were nearing the place ,my level of nervousness and tension was increasing . I started to think whether I was doing this right or wrong .I started to have second thoughts .How will be their reaction towards me ? Will they like me ?
Sensing my mind's dilemma ,Krishna pacified me "Dear Godha ,don't overthink too much .Everything's is going well ."
"Krishna ,I am really excited ....but will they accept me ? Will they like me ? I mean ...I was confident initially,but now it seems so much .....tensed .....Is this correct ?"
"You know what ,you only know to think heavily ......Come on now ,you were so excited for this .And I am also getting pretty excited as well ,to introduce you to my family ."
"You really are ?"
"Ofcourse ,and I must tell you Godha ...everyone will definitely like you .And I'll bet Subhadra will be the most excited ,when she sees you .....she will definitely see you as her own sister .But be very careful ,because from now on there will be chances of meeting my enemies often ......."
"Yes Krishna ...." I replied ,but still my nervousness didn't go .
People of Dwarka kept looking at me ,some even talking to each other about me......I could hear their whispers .Dwarka was now not a new place for me ,because I was used to it when I was completely invisible .But now things were different ,interacting with people of this era was completely new to me .
As we climbed up the steps of the royal palace ,I was much more frightened .
"Krishna ! Um ...how do I look ? Is my face okay ? Do you have a mirror with you ? How do I walk ? Is it okay or maybe should I change ?"
He stopped and looked at me with a sigh "Now Godha ......why are you so much tensed ? You
look beautiful ....just have a pleasant smile on your face ,that would win the hearts of everyone. Now stop overthinking or brooding over unnecessary questions .Everything is just going fine .Just take a deep breath and proceed ...."
We reached the palace entrance .The guards bowed down to both of us and announced our arrival .
I let Krishna to go ahead of me ,and I just stayed behind him .
Queen Devaki and Rohini came at the entrance to welcome him .He bowed down and touched their feet .
"My child ,what took you so long ? Where were you ?" Devaki asked .
"Mother ,I have brought someone with me today ." Saying this Krishna turned towards me and signalled me to come .
Slowly and steadily I came in front of them .My hands and legs were trembling ,but still I kept up my pace .Both the mothers looked at me with a slight surprise .
"Who is this girl ,Krishna ? Where did you find her ?" Rohini asked while she was looking at me .
"Today I went to Bet Dwarka for some work ,and there I found her .She seemed to be lost and was struggling . That's why I brought her here ,because it's already dark outside and completely not safe for her to roam .Maybe she'll get help here ." He said and looked at me .
I took a deep breath and introduced myself  "Greetings mother ! I am Godha ......Princess of Kingdom of Udupi . It's really an honour to meet you ." Saying this I went forward and touched their feet . Devaki held me in her arms  "My girl .....it's our pleasure to meet you too . It's good that Krishna found you and brought you here ."
"Yes ,it's not safe you to roam outside . Make yourself feel comfortable here ....."
I smiled at her ....
"Indeed ,people of Udupi are very kind and generous ...welcome to Dwarka , young princess .." Vasudeva said ,as he came from behind ..accompanied with Balarama,
I paid my obeisances to both of them and touched their feet .
Krishna's parents .... They both were the most gifted and blessed souls in the whole universe. They were blessed to have Lord Jagannatha himself as their beloved son . Now I felt blessed after meeting the parents of the supreme personality of godhead . At the same time ,Subhadra came there running ,her face filled with curiosity as she looked at me .
"Subhadra ,please make sure that our guest is well served .Take her to her chamber ." Balarama said .
"Go and refresh yourself child . You must join with us for dinner today .Until then ,take good rest ." Devaki said in a motherly tone .
"Thank you so much mother ." Saying this I went forward .I looked at Krishna once ,who smiled at me and signalled me to go with Subhadra .
I grinned at Subhadra ,who was waiting to talk to me eagerly .
"Greetings ,princess Subhadra ..... I'm really glad that I met you ..." I said
She took my hands in hers "Godha .....I feel really good after meeting you . You know ,I get a sisterly feeling when I see you .No need to call me princess ,okay ?"
After listening to her lines ,I looked at Krishna .
"I told you ......" he smiled at me assuringly .
She pulled my hands and lead me towards the chambers .
"So ,did you like our kingdom ?" She asked me
"Sure ,I was awestruck when I saw your kingdom . It's truly majestic !" I replied
Then I saw Rukmini and Satyabhama coming from a garden ,towards us .Subhadra introduced me to both of them .
"Greetings Queen Rukmini and Queen Satyabhama ...." I touched both of their feet "I feel extremely blessed after meeting both of you ...."
Both of them flashed back a motherly smile at me .
"Young princess ,it's a pleasure for us too that you have come here . You look exhausted ,you must take good rest dear ." Rukmini said and then turned to her maids "Please make preparations for her . Bring the finest of silks and jewelleries for the princess ....."
Then Satyabhama came to my side "Rukmini ,let me provide a fine silk dress for her .I just have a suitable ,alluring colour for her ." She said as she kept a hand on my shoulder ....
Both of them were so much kindhearted ,their voices sweet as nectar .I bowed and thanked them .
Then Subhadra showed me my chamber "Hope you love it ! Just relax and if you need anything ,you can inform the maids .....or just let me know . I'll arrange it for you ."
"Thank you so much Subhadra ! You are truly very generous and kindhearted ,just like Dwarkadhish ...." I replied
"There's no need to thank me ,Godha .You are like my sister from now onwards .
And listen ,you must join us for dinner today ...and if time permits ,we both will go for a stroll afterwards ....." She said and I chuckled softly .
I was observing my new room in the beautiful kingdom of Dwarka.....Beautiful and intricate designs and artworks on the walls ,a big balcony facing towards the other chambers of the palace .Mild sea breeze touched my face as I looked outside the window .The kingdom was shining in gold .