Chapter 18 : Krishna's gift

It was night and I didn't sleep .I was thinking about Sudama and Krishna's friendship .How lucky Sudama was ,that he got a friend like Govind ! I kept on thinking about their childhood stories and adventures .I still remembered how much elated Sudama was ,when he met Krishna after so many years .
Sometimes I really wished that I was born in Dwaparayuga .I could have spent my whole life ,seeing my beloved Krishna ,living along with him in his era .
"You didn't sleep ?!" Krishna's sudden voice interrupted me from my thoughts .
"Krishna ? You here ?" I really didn't expect him at this time .I thought he was asleep .
"I was going to sleep ,but before going to my chambers I thought about you .And I am pretty sure you were also thinking about me .......I couldn't talk to you today ,so I came now ." Krishna said as he sat beside me .
"So you know what I was thinking ...." I asked in a low tone .
"Of course ,no doubt. But still if you want to say something ,I'd love to hear it ." Krishna said.
"Sudama will leave for his home tomorrow. And I even know that you will gift him something special .But Kanha ,what made you feel that Sudama is fit to be your bestest friend ? I mean ...what qualities of Sudama impressed you ?" I asked ,as I leaned my head on Krishna's shoulder.

what qualities of Sudama impressed you ?" I asked ,as I leaned my head on Krishna's shoulder

(Credits to the creator 👆)
"My dear ,Sudama is a person who is very innocent and simple . His simplicity and his humble nature only impressed me .He never expects anything ,as you saw till now .He never asked me anything for himself or his family ." He replied
"And I know that in return you will gift him a beautiful palace ,along with wealth and prosperity ! Such a kind hearted friend you are Kanha ! But Rukmini stopped you in between while you were eating .....and she even said something that I couldn't understand !" I asked.
"Oh ,I forgot to tell you .....What Rukmini meant was that when I ate the rice flakes for the first time ,I was so ecstatic and happy that I wanted to gift Sudama something really big . If I had taken the second time ,I would have to send Rukmini herself (who is Goddess Lakshmi) to his home (as a symbol of prosperity ) .That's why Rukmini stopped me ." He replied .
"Oh I see ! Krishna ,Sudama is indeed a very lucky person to have you as his friend ." I said with a slight tone of jealousy . Krishna ,who was very sharp in finding out the meaning of each and every thing ,found out my mindset .
"Well ,what's wrong ? You are also close to me Godha ,see how closely you are sitting to me and resting your head on my shoulders ......you are already my closest devotee and my Sakhi ."
"No no ,I'm not thinking that .I wished that I was also born in Dwapara Yuga and be a person who is very close to you Krishna .I want to be a part of your story !" I said
"So what if you are not in Dwapara Yuga ? You can be with me even in Kaliyuga ,because I am the one who controls all the 4 yuga .I reside everywhere ,and I live in every yuga .
Godha ,true love and devotion is all I expect .Always think of me ,and you'll see me everywhere ....even in a leaf or a stone . I am always with you , no matter what .I hear each and every prayer of yours ,even the silent ones. So don't worry at all ." He said as he held my hands in his .
"You're right .....anyway , how come do you read my mind so fast and accurately everytime !"I asked .
"Ah ,you know that I am seated in everyone's mind and heart . So you can't try to hide anything from me ,for I know you too well ." Krishna said and pulled my cheeks lovingly .
I burst out laughing . "Fine ! You won again Krishna ! Well......Can we go out somewhere ,right now !?"
"Right now ? But it's too late ......go to sleep now ,dear Godha . We'll go tomorrow ." Krishna said
"But please , I want to go now .What if you get busy tomorrow ?" I insisted.
"I won't get busy tomorrow ,but someone is going to visit me tomorrow .But yes ,if you go to sleep now ,I will take you on a boat ride tomorrow .You'll really enjoy it .I promise."
"That's nice ! I can't wait for tomorrow .Who is going to visit you ?!" I was overjoyed ,because a new story was going to start .
"Save these questions for tomorrow. Now you go to sleep Godha ,it's my order" Krishna said .
He was so concerned about me .I felt really happy about it .