Chapter 11 :Beginning of the Swayamvara

The day of the swayamvara had at last arrived and I was very much eager to see it. So was Krishna.....
The whole kingdom was cheerful and happy .They were waiting for their beloved Princess to come .....
The palace was decorated with various floral decorations and the royal chefs were busy in preparing the grand meal .King Drupada and Dhrishtadyumna ,Draupadi's brother ,were busy in welcoming the guests and suitors. The royal Musicians were playing the most melodious music ,consisting of different ragas .The dancers were dressed brightly and danced gracefully ,celebrating the event .
Krishna too was supervising and appreciating the works and decorations .I accompanied him everywhere .Actually ,I was admiring how beautiful and regal my beloved Madhava was .He walked graciously through the royal corridors and he looked like the king of kings .Today he was dressed up so beautifully ,that I could barely keep my eyes off him .His earrings were making a tinkling sound ,his turban was decorated with many jewels . He was wearing yellow silks (Pitambar) .I felt proud and happy when I was walking beside him .I kept looking at his face ,when I suddenly banged my head towards a pillar ,which I never paid attention to .
"Careful dear ! Did you get hurt ?" Krishna got hold of me .
Again I forgot about my pain and the situation .My eyes looked straight into Krishna's eyes .His beauty was beyond words ,beyond everything .His curly black hair ,his sharp bow shaped thick eyebrows ,his majestic tilaka on his forehead ,his bluish black complexion ,his sweet nectar like lips ,his sharp nose ,his eyes like lotus petals in which the eyeballs were of golden colour and it reflected the whole universe at times ,fish like earrings (Kundals) hanging on both the sides .I was totally mesmerised and lost in his magical aura .My eyes refused to see anything else ,except Krishna's beauty .My ears refused to hear anything else ,except Krishna's melodious voice .My nose was attracted by the smell of honey and turmeric from his body and the fragrance of the flower garland (Vaijayanti Mala) covering his broad shoulders and chest .My hands and my legs were getting impatient ,for they were ready to serve the lord .
"Godha ? Godha !? Are you lost ? Answer me !!!" Krishna kept calling my name ,for he knew that I was extremely lost .
I woke up all of a sudden from my dream world .
"I AM SORRY KRISHNA !!! I .....I GOT DISTRACTED....." I became embarrassed .
"Yeah ,I can see that .....But be careful at least ....." Krishna raised his eyebrows and gave a half smile .
But he was looking at me ,as if he had read my mind thoroughly .
I kept on staring him .....because I felt that nothing was important and beautiful ,than my Krishna .

because I felt that nothing was important and beautiful ,than my Krishna

(Credits to the creator 👆)
"I want to see Draupadi...." I asked
"She must be getting ready .....you can go and see in her chambers ...Do you know the way ? The palace is quite big , don't get lost ....." Krishna added "I too must go and help the king in welcoming others ......I'll meet you soon ." He rubbed my hair and slowly left .

I walked through the palace corridors .Everyone were rushing here and there with big plates in their hands ,some for decoration and some having tasty delights .I was walking at tcorner ,for I didn't want to bang or hit against someone .Another thing I observed was ,that everyone were much taller .It is believed that people of that times were taller than those of Kaliyuga .Krishna was much taller than me ....that's I always feel secured when I stand beside him .
I was totally unaware of the way .After every turn ,there emerged a new corridor and many staircases as well .I followed into every path and now it was getting confusing .
Oh Krishna ......I should have asked him the way earlier .
Then I saw a group of young girls having plates with auspicious things for rituals ,and many make up (Shringar ) items .I followed them ,and I finally entered into a big room .Many young maidens were standing in a group .I saw Draupadi ,who was getting ready .She was draped in various heavy silks .Her hair was being decorated by her maid servants .Jewels of pure gold ,ruby and sapphire were brought .I went to get a closer look of her .Her eyes were very enchanting .Her eyebrows were thick and beautifully defined . But she looked somewhat sad and disappointed . Something was bothering her heavily .Then suddenly she asked her maids to leave for sometime and turned to another person who was standing just behind .
"Sister ,please do come ......" Draupadi called out to a strong woman ,a warrior woman in-fact .
She was Shikandini ,who was Princess Amba in her previous birth .Unlike other woman ,she looked very serious and resolved .Her attitude was strong and robust .And for a woman ,her voice was very commanding .She smiled very rarely .The main reason for her birth was to take revenge by killing Bhishma ,which she couldn't achieve in her previous birth .It seemed that she was an emotionless person ,always planning to achieve her desired objective .But for Draupadi ,she was very close since she treated her more than a sister .
Shikandi :"What seems to be the trouble ,sister ?"