Chapter 23 : Subhadra-haran

After dinner ,I went towards my chamber .I couldn't believe that I spoke so smoothly ,winning everyone's heart .And everyone might have understood how much I love Krishna ,when I spoke to him today in front of everyone .
"Princess Godha ,May I come in ?" Krishna stood at the door ,looking at me mischievously .
"Krishna ,don't be so formal ....." I replied
"Why ? Does it make you shy when I call you as 'princess' ?" He asked me ,holding back his laughter .
I became extremely shy and couldn't control my big smile .
"What you spoke today ,was quite impressive .You did well ,my dear . And also what you spoke to me infront of everyone ,was lovely . You indeed have a high level of imagination and creativity .How did you speak so smoothly ?"
"You know everything Krishna .Whenever I had to speak up ,I looked at your lotus face and immediately got the courage to speak so .And half of it is true about what I said .
My family loves you immensely ,and I like the way how you run a kingdom .In fact ,you are well versed in the art of King making too ,because in near future you'll help Yudhishthira in his Rajasuya Yajna as well ."
"Very well .Now ,since I have given my word to teach you about how to effectively and efficiently run a Kingdom .....From tomorrow onwards you shall accompany me to the royal court ,and various other parts of the kingdom ."
"What ! You took everything seriously ,whatever I told you?"
"It will be a new experience for you ,you'll love it . And since I have given my word ,I will do it ."
"Alright ,alright I'll come .......But what now ?"
"Now I am going to meet Arjuna .....to talk about Subhadra's marriage. I'll come and meet you shortly ." Saying this he left for his work .
Just then ,Subhadra came in ,but as compared to morning ....now she looked somewhat worried and tensed .
"You didn't sleep yet ?" She asked me .
"No ,I was just so mesmerised and enthralled by your kingdom's beauty ,that I couldn't even sleep and want to stare at the beautiful night . Why you too didn't sleep ?"
"I like to go for strolls in the night . Usually Bhrata Krishna would accompany me ,but today he has gone for some work ....I don't know where he is .
Would you like to come with me tonight ,Godha ?"
"Sure ,I'd love to ."
Subhadra lead me through the palace corridors .It was silent ,and we could hear only our footsteps .The moon was shining brightly ,and the natural moonlight made the place look serene and calm .
"So ,how do you spend your time ?What's your routine ?"
"I would go for horse riding early in the morning ,through the lush green fields of Dwarka .Then I would assist my brothers ,and my sister-in-laws in administration of the kingdom .My brothers have taught me everything about kingdom affairs and warfare .Then I would take time to train myself in household chores and take some time in kitchen to try new recipes .Other than that, sometimes I do gardening ,talk with the birds ,or visit small creatures of the forest .....and do a lot of painting ."
"That's amazing ! I too love doing painting a lot ! And your routine is so much similar to mine ...except horse riding and some few of your adventures ."
"You know ,while you are here in Dwarka ...you can learn horse riding from Sister Satyabhama .It's her area of expertise . I too learnt from her ."
"Sure ,I'll surely try .."
"But you know what........" Now she slowly started to become sad .Her eyes were getting filled with tears . "There is going to be a tremendous change in my life . The freedom which I get here ,my beautiful routine ,the way how everyone treats ,my life of dignity and respect  ,everything is going to change ...."
"Why do you say like that ? What is worrying you so much ?" I asked with concern
"Godha ,my marriage is fixed with that vile Kaurava prince ,Duryodhana .
You know about him .....he is arrogant ,authoritative ,greedy and having ill intentions against his own cousins .And his uncle ,Shakuni is a person who conspires against the Pandavas every second .He is my brother Balarama's student ,but just because he is a good student he can't conclude him as worthy .
I don't know what good he sees in him ,but all of my ambitions and dignity will be shattered if I marry him .I will be silenced and suppressed in life ,and Kauravas will get more power having Dwarka as their ally .She said as she sobbed heavily .I felt really sorry for her when she cried ,but deep down I knew the truth . How can
Lord Jagannatha allow his sister to get married to an evil minded person .And Subhadra herself was Goddess Yogamaya , Krishna's innermost energy .