Chapter 12 : Marraige

King Drupada stood up with folded hands and he greeted everyone present .He paid his respects to my lord .Then Draupadi's name was being announced as she entered the place .All the commotion stopped .People who were chitchatting among each other ,stopped and rushed to see the Princess .Warriors who were going to participate ,became eager to see her .I too leaned forward to see her ,with at most joy .Looking at my curiosity ,Krishna laughed .
"Princess of Panchala ,the fire born maiden ,and the beloved daughter of King Drupada ,Princess Draupadi is entering the arena !!!"
As the announcement was made ,Draupadi along with her maids entered .
She was absolutely stunning ! Her complexion was dark ,and all the golden jewellery looked beautiful on her .She was draped in rich silks ,her braid was decorated with a variety of flowers along with a golden crown and her walk was graceful as well as bold .All the eyes kept looking at her .When I saw her entering ,my mind started to play the entry theme song of Draupadi in Mahabharata (2013) .
She was accompanied by Shikandi ,and was lead by her brother Dhrishtadyumna .
I observed Duryodhana ,who hardly blinked his eyes ...even for once .He was attracted by Draupadi and kept on staring at her .
Before ascending to her throne ,she touched her father's feet and also touched the feet of my lord and paid her obeisance .
She folded her hands towards everyone present there and took her seat .But she was extremely troubled and tensed .
"Why does she look so worried ? She is so beautiful and regal .Princes of the most prominent and famous dynasties are present here,trying to win her hand .She should feel proud instead of being worried ......" I said .
"All the Princes and Kings are here ,but ofcourse nobody present here can win her heart ! Draupadi is born to marry Arjuna ." Krishna replied
"But Karna is also equally good .Krishna ,at least you can stop Draupadi from insulting Karna about his caste ." I asked
"My dear ! Everything is happening here for a reason .I could have stopped Draupadi from even insulting Duryodhana ,but it is meant to happen .Everyone's life is according to his/her destiny and karma .I cannot do anything about it .I am myself bound by Karma !" He replied.
Krishna was right ,but I really wished to warn Draupadi about everything .
"I welcome all the great warriors and princes of Bharatvarsha present today ,with much pleasure ! It's an honour to have you all here .The warrior who perfectly shoots the eye of the fish revolving above ,by looking at it's reflection in the water ,shall win the hand of my precious and beautiful daughter ,Draupadi !" Drupada spoke up and finally he ordered to start the event .
Drums were beaten .Conchshells were blown .Krishna too blew his conch shell ,to mark  the beginning of the swayamvara .
Then I saw a Prince getting up from his seat and briskly walking towards the great bow .I really didn't know of which kingdom he was .He came forward ,folded his hands before the king and the bow ,glanced at Draupadi once and got hold of the bow .He struggled badly to hold the bow ,because it was so heavy that he got exhausted after a few minutes .The whole arena burst out laughing .After several attempts the Prince returned to his seat ,fully dejected .Likewise ,all the princes came forward with at most hope and confidence ,and afterwards left back to their respective seats disappointed .The bow was indeed very powerful .Duryodhana kept on laughing at every person ,without a stop .But in reality ,he didn't participate the event because he was already married to the Princess of Kalinga ,Bhanumati .
I saw Krishna ,who was sitting without a single emotion on his face .As usual he was calm ,gentle and neutral ,having a little smile on his face .At times he would look at a tensed Draupadi like a compassionate brother and sometimes he would look at me lovingly .
It was Karna's turn now .He stood up and walked towards the mighty bow .Draupadi ,who was okay all this while now had a serious dilemma .She knew that if someone could win this tournament ,it was Arjuna as well as Karna .They both were equally well versed in archery .She kept on staring at Karna and suddenly turned her face towards my lord ,with a worried look .In reply Krishna only smiled ,which had actually soothed her for sometime .
As Karna was going to touch the bow ,Draupadi stood up "Hold on ! I shall not marry the son of a charioteer !!".
Karna was shocked as well hurt ,as she had insulted him in front of everyone .He didn't say a word or protest ,but silently went towards his seat .Duryodhana never liked the way Draupadi had spoken to his best friend .
At that time ,a group of brahmanas entered the place .
"Arjuna has come !" Krishna exclaimed as he spotted him among the group .The rest of the Pandavas were also there .Duryodhana never identified them .
Majority of the kings and princes had failed completely. The king became worried ,as there was no suitable suitor for his daughter .Looking at the continuous failures ,Drupada asked the brahmanas to come and participate .
Arjuna slowly came forward ,looking at Krishna .Krishna gave him an assuring smile .Draupadi who was not interested in anyone till now ,now somehow became happy after seeing him .
Arjuna humbly bowed towards the bow and the king ,and towards Krishna .He went towards the bow and was successful in holding it firmly .Everybody who were laughing,now became shocked at the scene .
"Why does he look so familiar to me ? Have I seen him before !?" Shakuni was suspicious.
Arjuna focused the eye of the fish in the reflection of water .Krishna too stared at the water ,and his vision had made the water so still as if it was a clean mirror .And Arjuna shot the arrow so perfectly ,that it went straight up and pierced the eye of the fish ,without any hindrance .