Chapter 27 : Charumati

"So ,what are you going to paint ?" Krishna asked me ,as we were taking a walk through the corridors at night . "I won't tell you ,it's a secret ! And anyways ,I think you already know my idea .Nothing can be hidden from you and your sharp eyes ." I said ,as I was childishly jumping on the tiles .

"But I don't know anything Godha .I'm serious" He said ,showing a very innocent look on his face .

"Don't be so modest ,Krishna .You know everything .Why don't you try guessing it ?"

"So ,are you going to paint me and Radha together ? Maybe on a swing or a boat ?"

"No..."

"Landscape of Dwarka in sunset or sunrise ,or under moonlight ?"

"No..."

"Hmmm ,so maybe you'll paint yourself along with me ,where your head is resting on my shoulder ,and I am looking at you lovingly as I play the flute . Yes ?"

I blushed and laughed heartily "No ,but your idea is wonderful .I'll keep it as my next painting .But as of now I'm going to paint you only ,in a different form ."

"Sounds interesting .Alright then ,if you need help with anything ask me ."

"I will surely be requiring your help .And there's one more thing ...can I go out ?"

Krishna raised an eyebrow and looked at me "Of course you can go out ,I'm not denying that .But only till the market place and the gardens .Not farther than that .Don't go into any aloof place ,like earlier .Understand ?"

"This time I will be careful ." I replied ,assuring him .

The next day I got up early ,dressed up fully and took all my painting stuff outside ,to a garden where the palace architecture looked more splendid .I prepared my canvas ,and started tracing out a picture of the palace's structure .So deeply I was involved ,that I didn't notice people surrounding me and looking at my work with interest and curiosity .
Time passed by and it was afternoon ,as the sun was blazing high and its heat was scorching .As I got up and started towards my room ,I saw few men near the palace walls who were hiding behind the trees ,and were keenly looking at me .When I turned fully ,they hid themselves completely ,trying to avoid my attention .But I found it out and got a feeling of fear and danger .I immediately left that place with all of my things ,without looking back .
Who were those men ? Why were they spying on me so closely ? I had to tell this to my lord as soon as possible .

"Dwarkadhish , I need to tell you something . It's important ." I asked him as he was writing a scroll ,accompanied by Uddhava .

"Come in princess .What is bothering you ?" He asked .

"My lord please don't mind that I am asking you this ,but did you send your Narayani Sena or Yadava nobles to keep a close eye on me ,so as to check whether I am safe or not ?" I asked him ,stammering .
Krishna stopped writing and looked at me intensely ,without even a blink .

"Why would I do like that ? We settled the matter yesterday itself ,and I am confident enough that you will obey my words .You have assured me that you won't go alone anywhere ,so why would I doubt you unnecessarily and send someone after you ? Of course I won't do like this princess ,that's certain .Why are you asking this ?"

"Because ,while I was in the garden I saw a group of 2-3 men spying on me secretly ,behind the dense trees .As I turned to look around ,they hid themselves and probably ran away ." I replied with a mixture of anxiety and fear .