Chapter 24 : The False Vasudeva

Arjuna and Subhadra were welcomed warmly by the citizens of Dwarka .The people were elated to see their princess and the son of Lord Indra together .They showered flowers on them .A beautiful procession was held ,drums were beaten ,trumpets and conch shells were blown .All the elders came ,and received them at the entrance and blessed them .
Everyone were extremely happy that Subhadra's marriage was fixed with Arjuna ,since nobody wholeheartedly accepted Duryodhana .The whole of Bharatvarsha was aware how the Kauravas had treated their cousins in childhood ,and how they were treating them currently .
I went along with Krishna to welcome them .After seeing Balarama ,Subhadra went to him and was going to touch his feet ,until he caught her and embraced her .
"I apologise brother ,please forgive me ."
"No Subhadra ,it's me who should apologise to you .I didn't take time to understand your feelings and thoughts .My only concern is to see you live as a strong ,courageous and brave queen .But anyhow ,everything is sorted out now ." Saying this he moved to Arjuna
"Arjuna ,I'm confident that you'll keep my sister happy always ,and be supportive to her .She is a precious jewel to all of us , and I know that you are the most suitable husband for her .I wish to give my sister's hand to you in marriage ."
"Brother Balarama ,I'm deeply honoured and grateful .I swear on my Gandiva that I shall keep her happy ,no matter what .She shall live as a dignified and prosperous queen of Indraprastha ,with all of her freedom and happiness .
You have my word ."
Both of them took blessings from him and approached my lord .Krishna pulled Arjuna for a tight hug  "Partha ,from now on we both are brothers !"
"Madhava ,I'm indeed feeling very blessed today .It's my good fortune .Everything is possible with your guidance ."
Then Krishna kept his hand on Subhadra's head "Are you happy now sister ? You drove the chariot excellently ,I saw it ."
She blushed and chuckled softly "I can't express my happiness brother ,in words .Without you ,everything is impossible .And you know while I was driving   ,Kuntiputra kept on minding me constantly !"

"How can I stay silent Madhava ? Your sister drove the chariot so fast and rashly ,that I had to mind her to drive carefully ! She was too overexcited !
I thought to take control over the reins myself ,but I knew she'll never give ." Arjuna replied

"Come on ! There must be some little adventure and fun in life . Why are you so strict ?" Subhadra spoke up ,in her childish manner

"You call this as fun ? You were almost going to hit our chariot on a tree . I was worried whether you really knew how to drive .Because it was Madhava's plan ,I let you drive all the way . Or else I would have done it myself ."

"I'm better than you Dhananjaya .You may be good in archery ,but in driving I'm well versed ,more than you .

"Is it ? Then we'll have a chariot race afterwards ."

"Yes ,yes challenge accepted ....."

"Alright now ,stop fighting both of you !" Krishna teasingly said ,seeing their continued arguments .He turned back and gave me a half smile ,signalled me to come in front .Subhadra noticed me and came running to me excitedly
"Godha ! There you are !" She hugged me .
"You were looking amazing when you drove .I wish I could also drive like you ...."
She smiled at me with a childish attitude .Then only I could feel that Arjuna was looking at me curiously for the first time .He went and stood beside Krishna ,whispering to him something that I could slightly hear .Perhaps ,he was asking about me .
"She is the princess of Udupi ,Partha .She has come here to Dwarka for an important work ." Krishna told .
After knowing my identity ,he came forward and gave a slight bow to me .
"Greetings ,princess Godha ..."
I kept staring at him .I was confused ,how to address him properly .And moreover ,I couldn't believe that I was conversing with Arjuna ,a very important character in the Mahabharata .
"Greetings ,Prince Arjuna . I feel extremely blessed to meet you ."
He was totally surprised after hearing this lines .
"Oh ,what makes you feel like that princess ?"
"Why ? Because you are Krishna's most dearest ,closest friend ,and you got the golden opportunity to witness his celestial form (Virat Rupa) .How fortunate he is ! He doesn't know it at present that he is going to witness such a divine moment with my lord ." I thought to myself and I saw Krishna smiling from behind .
"I just felt so ,because you are a very powerful archer ,and I have heard about your extraordinary talent ,and how you shot the arrow at the bird's eye with full focus .Today meeting you in person is a wonderful experience for me ."
"Oh I see ...well thank you !" He replied ,with confidence and pride in his eyes .