Chapter 17 : Sudama

For some days ,I had a chance to spend good quality time with Krishna in Dwarka. He would take me a ride in his chariot ,we both would sit and see the sunset at the beach ,or sometimes Krishna would wake me up early in the morning to see the sunrise .
We even went to the market place of Dwarka ,where I saw many artisans making variety of jewellery made of coral and conch shells ,decorated boxes ,rich silk shawls and clothes from various parts of the country .
Then we went to the gardens ,where Krishna would play his melodious flute .Birds would sing to his music ,peacocks danced and offered him their feathers,trees offered their their respects by showering flowers on him .I collected all the flowers in the garden and even made a garland for him .
I even played the Veena for him ,when he was resting .But the most special thing was ,that I painted his portrait using the natural colour of forest flowers .I felt ecstatic when I painted his lotus face and eyes .I was happy that atlast I had got a chance to serve my lord .

One day Krishna was sitting on his throne ,while Rukmini Devi was fanning him .Krishna had a little smile on his face .
"What seems to be the matter ,my lord ?" Asked Rukmini curiously .
"Vaidarbhi ,today I'm expecting a very special person to come at my place ." Replied Krishna.
"Who is that person ?" Rukmini asked .
"You'll see very soon ...." Said Krishna brightly and looked at me .
I too was curious ,so I stood at the balcony which was facing towards the palace gates and waited for that person to come .
A weak and poor Brahmana wearing a white dhoti came near the palace gates .He asked the guards to let him in .I recognised him .Krishna's most dearest friend ,Sudama had come to meet him .They both met ,when they were studying in Gurukula .
But unfortunately ,the guards never believed what he said .They teased him and asked that how can he become a best friend of Sri Krishna ,who was the king of Dwarka .Poor Sudama kept on insisting that Krishna knows him very well ,and they both studied together in Gurukula .The guards became irritated "How dare you speak against us ? You cannot enter this place or meet Sri Krishna .You are not allowed .So you may leave ......" saying this the guards pushed him and Sudama fell down .
Tears came from Sudama's eyes .He was really desperate to meet Krishna .
"Oh Krishna ! Oh Sakha ! Where are you ? Why is this happening to me ?"
Sudama was calling out Krishna's name .
Here ,I saw Krishna suddenly getting up and walking towards to the room entrance in a hurry .
"Sri Krishna ! What's wrong my lord ? Where are you going ? Please wait !" Rukmini started to run behind him .
I too ran behind him and we reached the entrance of the palace.
"Oh Krishna ,where are you my beloved friend !" Sudama shouted for help and turned back ,fully dejected . He was about to leave ,when suddenly Krishna called him out "Sudama ! Please don't leave .I have come here . Oh Sakha !"
Sudama turned back and saw Krishna ,who was coming to him with his hands wide open .
He was very much happy and in pure ecstasy ,that he too ran towards him with tears flowing from his eyes unlimitedly .They both embraced tightly .Sudama forgot all about his problems ,miseries and poverty...when he saw Krishna after so many years .The guards who insulted Sudama hung their heads in shame and guilt ,after seeing that how close Sudama was to Krishna .
"Oh Sudama ! Where were you all these years ? I was waiting for you all the time  ,and here you are !" Krishna asked .
"Oh Kanha ! Seeing you again , has removed all of my pain which I faced throughout my life ......"  Sudama cried .

"  Sudama cried