Chapter 6, first day

I woke up to birds chirping, the sun beaming across my room and to my alarm. I turned off the alarm, stood up and did a little bit of morning stretching, as it helps when I've slept uncomfortably and I can just open the muscles and relax. I hopped into the shower and tried this new body wash, washed my greasy hair and got out. I looked myself in the mirror and gave myself a mini pep talk, brushed my teeth, used some of my nice Tropical Clear Skies powder and headed downstairs. No one appeared to be awake, so I looked through the cupboards, opened a tin and out popped a fake snake. I let out a little scream, and then just laughed it off. I turned around to see Sam sat with his head in his hands resting on the marble counter. I looked at him and smiled and he smiled back and then Went make to being gloomy and sad.

Gabs: hey Sam whats wrong
Sam: is it that easy to tell?
Gabs: yeah sort of, talk to me
Sam: Katrina is back at it again, she had a go at me last night because she saw me leaving your room at early hours this morning. I came to check on you and she accused me of watching you sleeping.
Gabs: oh poor Sam, I know thats not the sort of thing that you would do. Your just a caring big brother and thats what she needs to understand. Cmon you wanna help me cook or what?
Sam: what we cooking?
Gabs: food 🫶
Sam: very gooddd no but seriously what
Gabs: pancakes, bacon, sausages, eggs yk full English breakfast
Sam: how'd u know whats in an English breakfast
Gabs: because I am English
Sam: YOUR FROM ENGLAND
Gabs: yeah, so is Kate which is why we sound different to you. We have British accents and we were shipped out to America to the adoption centre.
Sam: lets talk about Your experiences whilst cooking shall we?
Gabs: yeah sure, you do the fried eggs I'll do the bacon and pancakes
Sam: alright so, how come you were put in an adoption centre?
Gabs: when I was 8 my parents got divorced. Me and my younger siblings were separated into different orphanages. They are still in the UK. My dad left us to go move to Australia to be with his girlfriend and my mum went to go live with her ex boyfriend, idk if they are together or what. We couldn't stand having 2 parents that grew apart from each other in our life. I hope that one day I can go see all my friend and family in the UK and I pray that my siblings will still remember me.
Sam: are you the oldest of them?
Gabs: yup so all the pressure got to me, I tried running away from all of it, I tried screaming,I even had therapy. I couldn't deal with it. I would ge tinto arguments with my parents and they Threatened to leave us until- well they did. Never to be seen again. But im sorta glad theyre gone cus now I Have some of the best brothers ever! I love them so much
Sam: aww im sorry you had to go through all of that Gabrielle. You did the right thing in trying to resolve it and we're glad your here with us. Im sure we can make it possible for you to see your family again, your so strong and we believe in you. You can do anything you put your mind to and im sure your family is very proud of you. I know I am certainly and if you told the others about this they'd feel the same. Ooh you should create a YouTube channel and tell you and your friends' adoption stories. Im sure people would be very nice to you, you could sing and dance on their too!
Gabs: thats actually a good idea, Would you help me set it up?
Sam: ofc, also is that your puppy down there
Gabs: yes that is my little lab, shes called Maple I found her on the streets so took her into care x
Sam: thats cute alright I'll go get the others and tell them breakfast is ready, mind dishing it up?
Gabs: Yeah no problem Sam thanks x

Sam got the others to come down and eat. Kate came and gave me a nice hug and so did Harley and Jay as a thank you. We dis some catching up and people were complementing mine and Sams cooking skills. We told them about the idea we had about the YouTube channels for us and everyone agreed to help.

Corey: wow Gabi this is absolutely divine your such a good chef, looks like Kat's got competition
Kat: nah I can do better
Jake: wow new girl your actually a pro at this
Gabs: aww thanks guys, imma head out and go walk Maple, if anyone wants to come with the dogs your welcome to.
Stas: Maple?
Gabs: Yeah I forgot to tell you guys, I have a little puppy called maple