The Rescue

Sarah was doing the dishes when her phone rang. Elena's name popped up on the screen. The teenager dried her hands before answering and putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey Sarah, have you heard from Stefan?" Elena asked the moment the call connected. "Hi Sarah, how are you doing today? I'm doing good, Elena. Thanks for asking." The teenager remarked sarcastically.
"Please, this is serious."
Sarah sighed, using her magic to do the dishes while she grabbed something to eat. "No, I've not seen or heard from your boyfriend. What's going on?"
"He went hunting and hasn't come back." Elena said. Sarah noted the worry in her friends voice and ultimately decided to not make a reference.

Dad's on a hunting trip and he hasn't been home in a few days.

"I'll call him. Is there any reason for him to be ignoring you? I mean how'd the double date go?" She asked.
"It went good. But I don't think he'd be ignoring me. Damon couldn't get a hold of him either." Elena said. Sarah snorted. "I wouldn't answer Damon's calls either."

"Gee thanks, Lahote." Damon scoffed. "You're welcome, asshole."
"Sarah.. could you meet us at the school?" The dark haired teenager looked around at the now spotless kitchen. "Yeah, give me 15 minutes." Elena hung up and Sarah went upstairs to get dressed.

She had full intention on staying home and watching Netflix in her pajamas. But apparently the universe had other plans.

-

Sarah, Damon, and Elena were in Alaric's classroom. "Stefan's in the house. Damon's a vampire. He can't get in. We need you. I would go, but..." Elena trailed off. "But your life is valuable. Yours, on the other hand is..." Sarah sighed. "Am I just here for decoration or something? I mean hello." She got ignored.

"Stefan told me about your ring." Elena said. "What about it?"
"Let me recap...You tried to kill me. I defended myself. You died. Then according to my brother, your ring brought you back to life. Am I leaving anything out?"
"Yeah. The part where I try and kill you again. Only this time, I don't miss." Alaric said. "Mr. Saltzman. Please. It's Stefan."

"I'm sorry, Elena. But it's not my problem." He said. "That's a shame. Because the woman in charge of the crowd can help you find your wife." Damon added. "You're lying."
"Am I? Why don't you ask her for yourself? Coward. Come on, Elena and Sarah." They began to leave. Sarah looked inside her teachers head. She cringed internally, wishing to never see any of that again. "All right! Wait. I'll go."

Though she now had a nickname for Alaric.

Sarah grinned despite being ignored. "For the record, we didn't need Van Helsing over here. You've had me this whole time." Her eyes flashed blue as she looked between everyone. "What are you?" Alaric asked his student with wide eyes. She smirked as her eyes turned back to their chocolate brown. "You'll see."

-

Alaric pulled out his arsenal of vampire weapons. "Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night." Damon remarked. "I've you to thank for that." Alaric said.
"Like I said, Van Helsing. What are these?" Sarah questioned. "Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain."

"Just get me in. I'll get Stefan out." Damon said. "That's your plan? You're just gonna take them all on yourself?" Elena questioned.
Sarah raised her eyebrows. "Well, I'll be a little stealthier than that, hopefully." Damon said. "That's a shit plan." Sarah retorted. "Well I don't see you giving us any ideas, little miss flashy eyes."

Elena grabbed one of the vervain darts. "Whoa. What are you doing?" Alaric asked. "I'm going with you guys." She said. "No. No. No. No. No way." Damon said. "For once, I agree with Dracula over here. There's no way in hell you're going, Elena."