Elijah

Sarah continued to talk about her large family, being sure to leave out certain details, until Elena decided the conversation should go back to the originals. Then Trevor showed up and she closed her eyes prepared to tune them out. Once Sarah discovered she could block things out in all her forms, she did it whenever possible.

"He's here! This was a mistake." Trevor yelled, making Sarah come back to the real world. "No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." Rose said attempting to calm him down. "No! He wants me dead, Rose!"
"He wants her more."
"I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here."
"Hey! What are we?" Rose asked. "We're family, forever."

Someone knocked on the door and Sarah finally stood from her spot, moving around the room in attempt to keep herself from exploding. If it wasn't anger that would make her shift, it would be the nervousness in her body.

"You're scared." Elena pointed out, very obviously. "Stay here with them and don't make a sound." Rose left to open the door. Elijah opened the door and she arrived.
Trevor got Sarah to stop pacing by grabbing her hand. It was evident by the look on her face that the reality of being kidnapped had set in. He felt bad because Sarah wasn't supposed to be there, she just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

A moment later she let go and went to stand by herself.

"Rose-Marie. Is there somewhere we can talk?" Sarah heard the accented male voice and a chill ran down her spine, despite her high body temperature. "Yes, in here. You have to forgive the house."
"Oh, no, what's a little dirt? I completely understand. So tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?"
"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?" Rose asked. "I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit."

"Katerina Petrova?" Rose questioned hopefully. "I'm listening."
"She didn't burn in the church in 1864."
"Continue."
"She survived."
"Where is she?"
"You don't seem surprised by this."
"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina. Do you have her in your possession?"

"No, but I have better. I have her doppelgänger." Rose said. "That's impossible, her family line ended with her. I know that for fact." Elijah said. "The facts are wrong."
"Well, show her to me."
"Elijah, you are a man of honor, you should be trusted but I want to hear you say it again."
"You have my word that I will pardon you."
"Follow me."

Sarah held her breath as they arrived at the main room. He hadn't said anything about pardoning Trevor. Elena heard them and turned her head. Elijah looked at her. He was surprised and rushed over to her. He looked at her and smelled her neck. "Human. It's impossible. Hello there."

"General Kenobi." Sarah said lowly earning a snicker from Trevor.
"Who do we have here?" Elijah asked, finally noticing the other teenager in the room. "That's Sarah Lahote, she wasn't supposed to be here." Rose said. "Then why is she?"
"Wrong place at the wrong time, I guess." Sarah said, looking in his eyes. Part of Sarah hoped she would imprint on him so maybe he'd go easy on her. Her mom said the imprint bond is strong enough where both the imprint and imprintee can feel it. "Hm. What a shame. We have a long journey head of us. We should be going." Elijah said.

Elena looked at Rose with a pleading expression. "Please, don't let him take me." Elena begged. "Elena, that would've been something you should've begged for hours ago." Sarah snapped, slightly annoyed with Elena because she continued to act as if she wasn't there. As if her parents weren't worried.

"One last piece of business and we're done." Elijah said, going towards Trevor. "I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry." Trevor said. "Oh no, your apology's not necessary."
"Yes, yes it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you."

"Oh yes, you are the guilty one and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you and that now I honor. Where was your loyalty?"
"I beg your forgiveness."
"So granted." Trevor smiled but Elijah smacked Trevor's head clean off his body. Rose cried. Elena was shocked. Sarah shut her eyes tightly and turned away.

She kinda liked Trevor.

"You...!"
"Don't, Rose, now that you are free." Elijah said. He looked at Elena and Sarah. "Come." He ordered. "No, what about the moonstone?" Elena asked. Sarah stared at her in shock. "Dude, what the actual fuck?"
"What do you know about the moonstone?" Elijah questioned. "I know that you need it and I know where it is." Elena said.
"Yes?"
"I can help you get it." She responded. "Tell me where it is."
"It doesn't work that way."
"Are you negotiating with me?" Elijah asked before he looked at Rose. "It's the first I've heard of it."

He tried to compel Elena but it didn't work. He looked at her necklace. "What is this vervain doing around your neck?" He pulled the necklace off her neck and threw it away. He grabbed her head and compelled her. "Tell me where the moonstone is."
"In the tomb, underneath the church ruins." Elena responded in a monotone voice. "What is it doing there?"
"It's with Katherine."
"Interesting."