Masquerade Kidnapping

Sarah almost blended perfectly with the sea of people dancing in the Lockwood's mansion. Almost. Ethan Hudson forced her into dancing with him. As to not cause a scene, she sighed and watched from afar as the plan slowly fell into place.

"You avoided these things like the plague when we were together." Ethan pointed out as he pulled her closer to his chest. "What can I say? They grew on me." She lied, watching as Jeremy took out his phone. After he sent the message, he looked up and made eye contact with Sarah. The nod he gave her was barely noticeable, but she saw it.

The next part of the plan was coming up.

"Wait, no, no, no! Okay. They're trying to kill you." Sarah heard Caroline say.
"I figured as much. Where is the moonstone?"
"Bonnie has it."
"And where is Bonnie right now?"
"I don't know."
There was a brief choking noise before Caroline spoke again. "Okay. She's upstairs, she's upstairs!"

Sarah tuned back in to what Ethan was saying, which he was only rambling. "I need to go to the bathroom." She said, effectively stopping the rambling. Before Ethan could say anything else, Sarah left him as quickly as she could.

Her part in the plan was to create big enough of a diversion where nobody would go upstairs and be caught in the middle of killing Katherine. Blue surfaced in her eyes as the diversion was created. Just a simple non-life threatening emergency to keep the people away.

Sarah looked up to the stairs once her eyes were cleared of the blue. She nodded at Caroline and she nodded back.
The room became stuffy suddenly and Sarah decided to go outside to get some air. As soon as she sat down, Jeremy ran past her.

A single look into his mind told her all she needed to know. Don't ever let Alaric babysit. Sarah groaned and stood from her spot, deciding to seek out Elena. It wasn't too hard, she just had to play 'follow the screaming'.

"What the hell Elena, you're not supposed to be here." Sarah hissed as she bent over. She almost felt the heels of her shoes sinking into the dirt. "I know— Bonnie, it hurts."
"I can't break the spell, Elena. I'm sorry but I can try to take some of the pain away. Okay? Okay?" She took Elena's hand into hers and casted a spell. Sarah recognized it as Latin. She was proud she knew that.

Bonnie was trying to take Elena's pain away. Sarah was trying to lighten the mood when Jeremy arrived. "Are you okay?" He asked Elena. "Are they?" Elena questioned.
"They're stuck in there with her." He looked at Bonnie. "You were right; Katherine had a witch link Elena to her."
"The girl I saw, the one inside! Stay with her, keep pressure on her shoulder!" Bonnie called out. "Where are you going?" Jeremy asked. "There's another witch here, I'm gonna find her!"

She left and Jeremy removed his magical ring and gave it to Elena. "No." Elena said.
"Take it."
"No, Jeremy..."
"Elena listen to me: you need this more than I do."
"No Jeremy. What I need is for you to be safe."

"I'm gonna go check on Caroline." Sarah said, deciding to remove herself from their moment. She regretted her decision to go back inside almost immediately. Tyler triggered his curse, presumably because of Katherine.

Sometime later Sarah spotted Elena in the parking lot. She was on the phone with Jeremy. Sarah picked her dress up off the ground and caught up with Elena.

"Yeah Jeremy, I've got my car. Tell Bonnie that whatever she did, I'm starting to feel better. Yeah, you can drive her home. I'm just gonna go straight to bed. Okay." Elena hung up.

Sarah wasn't on high alert as she walked with Elena. Another dumb mistake. One minute she was all there, the next there was a prick in her neck and she felt her eyes glow before it all went dark.

Every couple hours when Sarah would wake up, another needle would go into her neck. She didn't know what was in it, but it very much sucked for her.

Whoever was doing this was certainly going to be ripped a new one once she was up and kicking again.