12

Hours later, almost one am, Aly was standing with Ashton at the bar, both of them waiting to order another drink. Their group which was once eight was now four.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Aly leaned on the bar for support as she looked up at Ashton.

"Of course!" he nodded, still trying to get the bartender's attention.

Aly and Ashton had gotten kind of close over the last couple weeks. He lived closest to Luke and Sierra. She had run into him on a walk one day, they spent the rest of that night hanging out and talking. It was like they had known each other forever.

"I've had a lot more fun these past few weeks than I thought I would," she drunkenly admitted.

"Oh really?" Ashton questioned teasingly, looking over at her curiously, "Why?" He had a sneaking suspicion why but didn't want to be the one to say it.

"I can't say," she shook her head.

"What can I get you?" the bartender's voice caught both of their attention.

"A coke," Ashton ordered for himself, looking over at Aly as if to say 'and you?'

"Tequila soda please," she ordered with a smile.

"Why can't you say?" he turned back to her, continuing their previous conversion.

"Because it's a secret," she smiled, even though she really wanted to tell someone. And something about Ashton was so comforting. He was easy to talk to and sweet like an older brother, the same way Luke had always been to her.

"Oh come on! Tell me," he pushed.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone," she stood on her tippy toes to look him in the eyes, "And I mean anyone!"

"My lips are sealed," he nodded.

Aly leaned closer to him, keeping her voice low, "Cal and I hooked up."

"I knew it!" he exclaimed.

"What?" Aly looked at him confused.

"I saw you leave his hotel room the day after the wedding," Ashton admitted, "But don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you, I just needed to tell someone," Aly sighed. The bartender brought over their drinks, Aly quickly pulled her card from her purse.

"Aly!" Ashton protested.

"Sush!" she hushed him as the bartender took her card to pay.

"Has it happened again?" Ashton asked as they walked away from the bar, maneuvering through the crowd of people.

Aly just nodded, "A lot," she turned to see him, a happy smirk on her face as she looked over her shoulder at him.

"Okay I don't need details," he shook his head as they approached Calum and Ryan sitting at a table. Aly laughed at him.

"What's so funny?" Calum half smiled at her.

Their eyes met before she spoke, "You had to be there," she smirked at him.

They spent the next couple of hours there. Ashton and Aly taking over the dance floor, laughing with every move.