22

Eight hours later, Aly was pulling back into the long driveway of her sister's home with a smile on her face.

"Sierra? You home?" Aly called out once she was in the house.

"She's at a writing session," Luke's voice came from the room a few feet ahead of her. Aly followed his voice, finding him in the kitchen.

"Then I'll just bug you," Aly smiled taking a seat at the kitchen table across from him.

"Good first day?" he asked, setting down his pen and looking up at her.

"Very, and thank you again for helping me get it," she smiled.

"Of course," he smiled.

Aly started rambling about her day, she told him about how nice everyone was, about the amazing free snack choices, she told him every little detail, including how comfortable her chair was. Luke just sat back and listened.

Aly was still talking when Sierra walked in the door.

"Is she annoying you? You know you can tell her to leave, right?" Sierra teased, as she playfully pushed Aly, making the girl stop talking.

"A lot," Luke smiled up at her as they hugged.

"No, I'm entertaining him!" Aly nodded.

"She won't shut up," Luke protested.

"I take it was a good first day then?" Sierra looked over at her sister.

Aly nodded with a big smile, "Wanna hear about it?"

"I'll get the short version from him," Sierra patted Luke on the shoulder.

"It won't be as entertaining though"

"Yes it will! Watch," Luke stood up, "She met a bunch of people and then did work and ate a bunch of snacks," he bowed dramatically.

Aly rolled her eyes as Sierra shook her head with a small laugh.

"Whatever," Aly scoffed, "I'm going to go shower," she stood up and started out of the room.

After Aly showered, she laid on her bed, scrolling on her phone, social media stocking all her new co-workers who had followed her through out the day.

Mid-scroll her phone started ringing, a black screen and a captital 'C' popped up. Aly furrowed her brows for a second then sat up as she answered the call.

"Hey," she smiled, holding the phone to her ear.

"Hey, how was the first day?"

He remember, Aly smiled to herself.

"It was good," Aly laid back down on the bed, "So why'd you really call?"

"What can't I call just to check in?" Calum's voice sounded fake offended.

"You can, it's just unlike you," Aly teased.

"How was the date with that guy Sierra set you up with?" Calum asked the question that had been digging on his mind for almost two days now.