32

Aly and Calum sat on the couch, Midsommar, playing on the TV. Aly sat with the warm cake pan in her lap, a pillow under it. She laid against Calum, his arm rested behind her on the couch. Both of them with a fork in hand as they slowly picked at the cake.

"I never got to ask you a question," Aly looked up at Calum, pointing her fork at him.

"Ask away," he stuck his fork into the cake again.

"Have you and the boys ever thought about moving back to Australia?" Aly asked, genuinely curious.

"We've reminisced about it but we've never really thought about moving back out there because," he set his fork down in the half empty cake pan, "I guess we just know it wouldn't do anything for our careers."

"What about your families?" Aly looked up at him.

"It's hard," he nodded, "Its all confusing," he admitted.

"I'm sorry I asked," Aly felt bad, she could almost feel the air around them change as his mood changed.

"Its nothing to be sorry about," he half smiled down at her.

"I'm proud of you," she lifted herself up so she could just barely kiss his jawline.

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer, kissing the top of her head, "Thank you for this weekend."

"Of course," she smiled, "But I do expect the same treatment for my birthday," she joked.

"I'm already planning," he said confidently.

"Oh really?" she pulled away to look at him.

"What you don't believe me?" He raised a brow at her.

"I do," she hummed with a soft smile.

THE NEXT MORNING

Calum rolled over in the bed, his hand reaching out for Aly, finding the small of her back. He started to rub her back as he slowly moved closer to her, he kissed her t-shirt covered shoulder. She hummed happily in response.

She rolled on to her side, bumping into Calum who was closer than she thought. Aly looked up at him, eyes still heavy with sleep, "Hi," she whispered.

"Good morning," his hand slid across her bare hip, kissing her cheek. Aly relaxed further back against him as his hand slid lower. She lazily smiled as he kissed her neck.

Calum's lips found hers, soft and passionately. Aly's fingers laced into his curls, tugging lightly as her body pushed further back into him. Calum pulled away, leaving Aly breathless. But before she knew it she was sitting between his legs, her back against his chest.

Calum's hand wrapped around Aly's neck making her look up at him. His face wore a look Aly knew too well. She didn't even need him to speak, she just nodded ready for him to do whatever he pleased. Calum smiled to himself as he kissed her again.

Aly got lost in the kiss, enjoying every twist and turn of their lips. She hadn't even noticed Calum's hand sliding lower again, his fingers sliding between her wetness. Aly lifted her hips to meet his hand.