V

1983
Hawkins Indiana

'Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly'

'Unwelcome Stranger'

My stomach instantly drops, A silent scream came from the pool. It confused me because the pool was the same as it was. Am I hearing things? I swear I heard someone scream Nancy. Barb! Was my first thought and my head spun. I ran upstairs like the world was ending.

I sprinted down the corridor where Steve's room was . My heart was pulsating rapidly as unkind thoughts ran through my head. Is Barb dead? Was she attacked? Once I was outside Steve's door I didn't bother knocking because if my thoughts were right Barb is in serious trouble.

I slam the door wide open only to reveal Steve on-top of Nancy's body,Their bodies swaying in sync as they suck the life out of each other. What in the Romeo and Juliet was this. Their lips disconnect as they throw the sheets over each other looking up to me with horror.

"What the hell Julie!" Steve yells as he covers Nancy. All I do is stand there. Why did I feel this sting in my chest? Is it because I was scared for Nancy to loose her virginity to this pathetic boy?
"I rushed up here to tell you something important, but it seems your to busy for that! Go back to your make-out sesh and your sexing." I announce running out the room embarrassed.

I ran back downstairs and grab my things to leave. I'm going home not only because those two were having sex and I didn't want to hear any noises but because I'm scared. I'm terrified if that voice was actually Barb calling out for help.

I bust the double doors open and slam them shut behind me, sprinting towards Barb's car. My thoughts were on Barb but also Kyle. I feel stupid for leaving Kyle on his own for this long. I feel like I haven't done my job to protect him. I reach for Barb's car keys in my pocket and flick the car open.
I put the keys in the ignition and drive home. I hope Kyle is okay. Maybe Mike and the group is over there.

A few minutes later I pull up to the house, only to notice the lights were still on. Why would Kyle still be up? My thoughts race thinking my mother was home. When I was about to step outside the door all the lights blacked out. I raced to the trunk and pulled out my crowbar and ran towards the door.

My whole body filled with rage. If my mother was in there I was going to break her, slam the crowbar in her back and run to Kyle. Before I know the lights flicker back on. What in the Michael Myers is this?

I open the door slowly and walk in closing it behind me. I can hear voices murmuring in the living room. If she's done something to Kyle I'll see red. I walk cautiously towards the living room. I take a deep breathe in and charge into the living room "Ahh!" I scream holding up my crowbar ready to scream.