II

1986
Hawkins Indiana

'Running up that hill'Rushed chapter(not loads in it sorry)

Rushed chapter(not loads in it sorry)

Cheering and music breaks out as the cheer team do their cheer. I could never be apart of the cheer squad, I'd end up breaking my hip. Or worse my neck knowing me.

Everyone goes wild as Robin and her band play the instruments as the continue to dance. I turn to Steve and shake my head dramatically with hint of pleasure as I continue to watch the opening of the game.

It got really boring and repetitive, since I've gone every year for the past god knows how many years.

I look down the court and spot all the group together as Lucas hits the court, running and wavy as everyone cheers for the team. wonder what made him change his mind to go on the basketball team?

Max looks pretty alone. It's awful that her brother died as well as my auntie, but this isn't about me. Okay Billy was an asshole to her and everyone around him, at the end of the day that's still her brother no matter what.

Family is just difficult, I know I can relate.

- - -

Everyone Disperses as they gradually wait for the game to start later after school. I have to go since Joey is experiencing her first high school year, she wants to experience all the high school activities so why not.

Me and Steve are only going to be standing watching the game so why not let Joey join us since Kyle is going to be at his D&D campaign with the group and this guy called Eddie.

No clue who he is, but hey hoe.

I decide to leave Steve and catch on up with the group as they continue to walk their way into school. I run in their direction, pushing pass the people who don't seem to move which is a pain in the ass.

I see they've grown close to Joey which is a good sign. She finally has friends she can trust instead of coming to me and Steve all the time. We love her but we want alone time.

I finally get towards them as they turn the corner. "Hey...guys!" I yell over the top of everyone else as they talk. Once I'm up behind them, I slow myself down and allow myself to catch my breath.

"Hey Jules!" Dustin exclaims, saying my name louder as he finishes the sentence.

I smile at the group I've known since they were little, even Joey sort of. Joey was quite young when I met her, I still remember her frail body curled up in a ball afraid, it took her awhile to warm up to us but I'm glad she did.

I smile. "Great entrance Sinclair, proud of you." I articulate, resting my arm on Mike's shoulder. Hell they're getting taller now, it's kind of scary. Before I know it they'll be twenty, oh how time flys by.

There's not enough time in the world, we're all slaves to time and can never be free.

I hear loud footsteps come from behind me and I tense as we walk into the entrance of the school. I don't think I'm suppose to be here but oh well, I use to go here so that counts for something.