XII

1983
Hawkins Indiana

'Chapter Six: The Monster'

'A slap to the face'

"Nancy!" We yell walking through the forest. "Nancy! Where are you!" I yell. "Shit,shit" I whisper. "Nancy!" Jonathan yells. "Jonathan!" We hear her yell like a ghost whispering in your ear. "Nancy!" I yell running around the area. "Julie! I'm right here" she yells. Jonathan comes up behind me "Nancy!" He shouts "I'm right here!" She yells. This gives Jonathan an idea.

"Nancy! I'm right here! Nancy just follow my voice!" He yells. Shit why didn't I think of that. "We're right here! Follow our voices!" I yell. I start running in circles around the trees where we are. Holy shit. I hope she's okay. "We're right here!" We yell. Fear ripples through our bodies. "Nancy!" We both yell. Jonathan takes off running as I follow him. We look and there's a weird opening in the tree trunk.

"Do you think that's where she went?" I question. "Only one way to find out" he says as we walk closer to the trunk and shine our lights on it "It's some kind of opening" I suggest as we kneel down. "Nancy follow my voice it's Julie!" I yell as I go to touch the goo a hand reachers out throwing me and Jonathan on the floor. "Julie! Jonathan!" She yells. We pull ourselves up quickly and pull on her hand.

We start hearing noises from weird things. "Cmon!" I yell. "Pull harder!" Jonathan shouts as she jumps on Jonathan. A tear runs down my eye and Jonathan sits up. Nancy latches onto him for dear life. "I've got you" Jonathan says wrapping his arms around her. I join on in. I pull away and look up to the trunk seeing it close by itself.

- - -

We pull up to the Wheeler's house. "Can you guys stay with me? Nancy questions. "I cant I gotta check up on my aunt and Kyle but I'm sure Jonathan will, I hope your okay Nance. Give me a ring if anything." I say as she smiles. They jump out of the car together and walk into the house.

I start driving off. My heart races thinking back to what happened, Nancy could have died if it wasn't for me and Jonathan. We all could've died. I'm not ready to go.

A few moments later I pull up to the house. I'm still shaken up so I'll probably have a shower. I jump out of the car and walk upto the house. I have no idea if Kyle is out with the boys and El or he's home. Either way I trust him. I walk into the house and lock the door walking into the living room. As I enter the living room I see Jenni passed out sleeping. A smile plays on my lips as I find a blanket and place it on top of her, making her feel warm. I kiss her forehead and walk upstairs.

As I get to the top of the stairs I walk into the bathroom and shut the door. I strip off naked and turn on the shower. Once I'm inside the shower the hot water soothes me, making me feel warm since I've been out. The hot water runs down my hair and on my face making me feel clean. I shampoo and condition my hair getting all that sticky and slimy stuff out of my hair due to the trunk.