V

1986
Hawkins Indiana

'Chapter Three: The Monster and the superhero'

'Holding on'

The next morning we all pick up food from the market for Eddie, since he hasn't been out of that place and hasn't eaten so the human decency is to bring him food.

I decided against it first since he pulled a knife to Steve and mines throat but, on the other hand I wasn't going to let a man starve.

We hold bags and bags of food for Eddie as we walk towards his place.

I have no idea what to think about Eddie as we walk down to his house sort of. He was an odd one and especially a freaky guy for pulling a knife on us but that's for his safety so I'll let him have that.

One, I don't think he killed Chrissy. Not because of what Max, Kyle, Dustin and Joey told us, but by the fact of when he was telling us that story it looked like he was shedding tears. And also I don't think he would have it in him, even though people call him a freak and he plays D&D.

Still haven't forgiven him about the knife attack but, he'll get use to me and my stubborn behaviour, everyone else has.

Dustin opens the door with a big bang causing Eddie to yell.

"Delivery service." Kyle and Dustin say in unison with a smile upon their faces as we all crash inside.

Eddie exhales and relaxes as Steve waves. I shuffle my bag around with a slight smile on my face as he looks at the bags.

A few minutes later, Eddie is digging himself into food as he sits in the boat. He scoffs food down his throat as we stand, leaning against the wooden posts placed around.

Me and Steve both lean against one wooden pole on opposite sides as Dustin starts to share the news.

"So we got... good news and some bad news-" he informs sitting down as I make myself comfortable. "How do you prefer it?" He questions Eddie, finishing the sentence that he's on looking towards Eddie.

Eddie hesitates for a moment before speaking. "Bad news, always." He comments with his mouth full. I hate it when people do that. He takes a swig of his drink as Dustin continues.

"Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." He notes.

"They are so convinced that you killed Chrissy, so that's great for you. Well done." Yura says sarcastically, still unsure about the guy sitting in front of her.

I scrunch my nose up. I can't blame her from being cautious, he did pull a knife on me and Steve.

"And the good news?" Eddie questions, hoping for something to be any better than that. In his case he's lucky we have some decent good news, it's very rare.