XIV

1986
Hawkins Indiana

'Chapter Seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab'

'Brink of death'

Hearing the struggle in Steve's voice made me see red. Everything was blurry but anger. Its as if I am hypnotised, or casted under a spell only Steve can captivate me from.

As we climb out of the gate with the paddles Eddie brought along, I don't waste any goddam time.

The adrenaline pumps through me as I dash for the bat eating away on Steve's flesh and batted across the concrete making it whimper. I smile as I see Steve's eyes with desperation meet mine.

"Hey love." I pant heavily

I smack the other poxy bat and stab it's body seeing the blood pool from its lifeless body. I couldn't control myself.

The bats make weird noises as two swarm around me and Eddie. "Shit" he yells, bracing himself for the worst that could happen but all I could think about is ripping their disfigured, revolting heads off making my mind travel places I didn't know it could go to.

"Want a piece of me!" I shout, my breathes heavy as I get my paddle in position to attack

Nancy and Steve struggle to get the bat from Steve's neck as I bat the creature to the ground and smile as I plunge the paddle board into its small neck.

The bat attacks Nancy's back as Robin panics and goes to help Nancy. Steve finally breaks through panting heavily as he attacks the bat, holding it by its tail.

I pant heavily with distain as I see Eddie finish off his last bat.

Steve grunts as he slams the bat down onto the concrete like he was ready for survival. My mind goes feral watching it, watching him.

He slams the creature back down and holds his foot to his neck, pulling the bat apart. He pants with blood hanging from his mouth. My eyes go wide as my heart races with anticipation. He spits the blood out and looks in my direction, his breathe heavy.

My heart turns auto-drive as I quickly leap into his chest. I couldn't care less if he was messy, all I cared about is that he was alive and still with me.

He wraps his arms lightly around me, gritting his teeth as I feel his wounds against me. I feel my soul return to me as our two souls meet again and become whole.

"Jesus Christ!" Eddie yells throwing the paddle to the floor.

"Are you okay?" I question quickly, lifting my head up checking his wounds and his body. My hands rest on his lower chest as my eyes scan the wounds those selfish bloodsucking bats chewed into.