II

1985
Hawkins Indiana

'Surprise, surprise'

We all get in position ready to scare Dustin. He's been gone for a whole month at camp 'know where' which is a pretty odd name camp to go to, but as long as he's happy I'm happy for too. I treat the group as they were my kids, they're a pain in my ass but I love them and I don't want anything to happen to them.

They've all grown up now and are becoming teenagers. They grow up so fast.

We get in position as we hear the car pulling up. This is going to be amazing, the best surprise in history. If it doesn't go wrong. I stand next to Max and chuckle quietly. What I mean by 'if it doesn't go wrong' is if I can keep quiet. Quiet places seem to activate my giggles. "Shut up Julie" she whispers sternly, shoving me slightly into the wall. "I'm sorry I can't help it, I can't do situations like this." I murmur.

I cant even be taken to a funeral without laughing. If we ever done a funeral for my mother, i'd be cackling and snorting.

I assert my eyes over to El as she closes her eyes, concentrating on what we told her to do. "At least someone's happy I'm home." Dustin chuckles, aching my heart. How could he think that we wouldn't remember? Or the fact that we would be happy. I'm jumping up and down mentally.

Steve's been talking too much about random things I don't even know about, probably things he talks about to Dustin. So I'm buzzing for him to be here and take Steve away. I love the guy but sometimes his hairspray can be too much.

The robots we planted in his room were going off and making noises, making me grin and look over towards El. Blood running down her nose. They all start beeping as a cymbal crashes. We start hearing the noses come closer towards us. "This is just a dream, your dreaming." He reassures himself, little did he know he wasn't dreaming.

I look towards El as me and Max see Dustin approaching. "Now!" He whispers, tapping El's arm as her eyes snap open. The noise stops taking that as our que to walk out. We quietly walk out as Max hands Lucas the poster. Everyone gets ready. We walk closer towards him as I stand by the side with Max.

Kyle, El, Lucas and Mike all have party things in their mouth. Max counts us down. '3', '2', '1', go!' She mouths as we all blow out of the noisemakers as Dustin screams. He turns around screaming with hairspray in hands, this isn't going to go well. He sprays his hairspray in Lucas's eyes earning an "oooh" from me. They both scream at each other as Dustin continues to spray hairspray.

I chuckle at this moment happening right before me. This has got to be the best surprise I've ever witnessed.

- - -

After a few minutes, Max rushes Lucas to the sink and I follow them wanting to see what this would look like. He dunks his eyes under the sink. I look towards Max and she shrugs her shoulders. "Ow, ow, ow, ow" he chants as his eyes continue to sting.