XVIII

1986
Hawkins Indiana

'Chapter Nine: The Piggybank'

'Destined to destroy'

The sunset turns into night as we all gather around in the van as we run over the plan.

Nancy turns around as she gathers her thoughts.
"Phase one." She announces as Robin looks from me towards Nancy as she opens her mouth. "Meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal max and Lucas when we're ready." She finishes

"Phase two." She fires at us. Steve wraps his arms around my waist as I hear him start answering for phase two. "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her which will put him in the trance." He comments as Nancy looks directly at him.

"Phase three." Dustin fires back quickly as he implies "Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Eddie smiles as whacks his head and Kyle punches them both softly playfully making me smile.

"Phase Four." I open my mouth to speak as my knife lies between my hands. "We head into Creels newly bat-free house and burn the son of a bitch for the ground." I conclude as I look around everyone.

Everyone's nervous about now, I am as I feel a weird feeling I'm my stomach and it's not from Steve this time. I feel like my anxiety is going to destroy the plan but I'll try hold it together as best as I can.

Nancy looks down at the floor then back up as she tenses. "Nobody moves onto the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates, not matter what. Got it?" She says strictly as we all nod our heads and get our stuff ready for a nightmare of hell.

This is so exciting (sarcastically).

We're all out and moving towards Eddie's trailer stealthily. My nerves crawl to my throat as I try to contain my breathing, Robin's words have got me on edge until I now feel that exact feeling.

I feel a set of hands linger on mine as I turn to the side to see Yura. She smiles lightly as I feel the sweat radiating of her palms, she's nervous. She's terrified even but she has nothing to worry about, I got her back always and forever.

I give her a smile before we enter Eddie's trailer. Steve turns on the lights as he starts dropping his bag and weapons down as on the other side there's no bed for us to land on.

"Don't fall." Kyle announces with his weapon in hand, staring at the wall in the ceiling. He hasn't seen it before so he's just casually admiring it. Yura leans her elbow on my shoulder as I feel her Yura'ness come back. "Please do fall." She smiles before Steve is using all his upper body strength to pull himself upwards.