chapter 10。fever.

keilani

It was 5:40 and I finished dinner. I started to get a chill and so I went upstairs and changed into thigh-high socks and a tan sweater. Then I put my glasses back on. •picture above•

I went downstairs and began watching Gossip Girl with Lei and Mo. I put our throw blanket over myself and cuddled into it. Then I went on Instagram, when Cameron texted.

Cameron: Hello prettiness

I laughed.

Me: Sup ugliness

Cameron: I am officially offended

Me: Whatever no you're not bc you know I'm kidding

Cameron: Still not a nice thing to say

Me: Don't get butt hurt.

Cameron: Too late

Me: You're weird

Cameron: You love it

Me: Who wouldn't?

We texted for a couple minutes when I started to heat up. I took the blanket off of me and I started to sweat.

"Is it really hot in here?" I asked.

"Uh, no. Mom just turned the heater off." Lei said.

I shook it off, but a couple minutes later my head began hurting and I got cold again. I got up and felt dizzy. I walked to my mom's office.

"Mom can you check my temperature? My head's hurting and I keep getting cold, but then I get hot. I think I have a fever." I sighed going to her and I sat on her lap hugging her.

"Awh, my poor baby." She said feeling my forehead.

"Yeah you definitely have a fever." She said.

"Let's go check your temperature." She added.

We got the thermometer and I was at 101 degrees. I felt dizzy again and held onto my mom.

"I don't know why I'm like this. I've been fine all week and today." I whined.

"Go to bed now. You don't have to go to school tomorrow. I'll call in the morning, but I do have classes tomorrow at the studio. Will you be okay here? I can have Lei stay with you?" She said.

"Yeah I think that'll be good. I feel really dizzy." I said as she helped me to my bedroom. I sat on my bed, holding head forehead.

"I'll go get you a warm cloth okay?" She said.

"Okay." I said taking my glasses off and putting them on my nightstand. My mom came back with the cloth and placed it on my forehead. I sighed.

"Can you turn my fan on low?" I asked pointing to it.

"Of course." She replied.

The cool air came in contact with my skin and I relaxed a bit.

"I'm going to bed now, so try to get some sleep, okay?" My mom said brushing my hair out of the way.

I nodded closing my eyes and she left the room closing the door. Soon after, I began getting cold and pulled my blanket over myself.

During the night I began to sweat badly so I pulled the blanket off. I realized I was dreaming about something horrible and I was tearing up and shaking a bit.

I was breathing really hard, so I stood up slowly and went to my bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face and rubbed my eyes. I felt all sticky so I turned my shower on and I stripped from my clothes.

I let the warm water cascade down my sweaty body. I relaxed under the much needed shower. Once I finished cleaning myself, I stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel. I changed into a white v-neck with some black running shorts. I sighed, drying my hair a little before going back into bed. I checked the time on my phone.

3:31 am.

Great. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow. And having a fever and a headache every ten seconds doesn't help.

I closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep again. which I did.

。Next Morning。

I woke up from me moving around a lot and sweating. I held my head and rubbed my eyes slowly opening them. I squinted from the light shining from my window and I closed them again before plopping back into bed. I groaned from the pain in my head and my lack of sleep.

I slowly got up taking another shower and changed into a bandeau with a tie-dye muscle tee and black spandex. I tied my hair up and went down the stairs.

"Morning sicky." Lei said handing me some orange juice. She knows how much I absolutely love orange juice.

"Thank you." I said and sat at the island.

"No problem." She shrugged.

"But seriously thank you for staying home and taking care of me." I said gratefully.

"No problem Lani. Love you." She said passing me a plate of waffles with strawberries on top.

I drooled and began engulfing the plate. Once I finished, I placed the plate in the sink and washed it clean. I sat back down at the island and turned my phone on.

It was 10:13 am and I had 4 unread texts from Cameron, 2 from Tess, and 1 from Sawyer.

Cameron💙: Good morning beautiful

Cameron💙: Where are you?

Cameron💙: Please respond. I'm getting worried.

Cameron💙: Well I hope you're doing okay. Text me if you can. I'll come over afterschool to see you :)

I smiled and blushed covering my face. I replied.

Me: Hey Cameron. I'm okay I guess. I have a fever so that's why I'm not there right now. Thank you for thinking about me😊

I then checked Tess and Sawyer's messages.

Tesssss💘: Babe?! Where you at?

Tesssss💘: Never mind, Nash told me. He found out from Lei. Feel better boo boo😘

Me: Thank you babe😘😘love you xx

Sawyer👫: Feel better bestie💪🏽

Me: Thank you buddy😇 Love ya☺️

I locked my phone, put down my orange juice, and walked to the medicine cabinet. I rummaged through the medicines until I saw a note on one bottle.

Lani,

Take these please if you still have headaches. Love you babygirl. I'll see you soon.

-Mom

I took the bottle and read the directions. I took two pills and drank it down with the orange juice. I took my phone and orange juice, striding over to the couch. I sat down and turned the Apple TV on. I went to Netflix and chose Gossip Girl.

I curled myself into a ball, bundled with my fuzzy purple blanket. I slowly fell asleep again, with a headache.