Chapter 33

A/N: watch the video when you see this $$$$

Ally's POV

"For today's Magcon event we should do a singing contest" Jack G suggests.

"Ya that would be so cool" Shawn and Jack J add.

The rest of us look at each other half pleased. "That would be great for singers but what about the rest of us?" Carter asks.

"Guys c'mon it will be fun. We don't need to even take it seriously" Cam adds.

"Ya I suppose" Matt adds.

We're all sitting on beds in Nash's room and Magcon is starting in an hour.

I have never mentioned this to anyone but I actually love to sing. I love to play on my guitar and make covers but I never actually post them anywhere. The only people who know about this are mom, Tiff and Lauren. Not even Hayes knows.

I may sound like I'm making a huge drama over nothing but I can't explain how much I hate singing in front of people. Mom, Tiff and Lauren have never even heard me sing.

There's no way I'm going to be taking part in the singing contest.

"Let's go!" Hayes shouts and we all follow.

We all arrive to see Bart backstage eating the grapes.

"There they are!" He shouts and hi-5 us all. We tell him about the singing contest and he thinks it's an amazing idea. Great.

"And I've got an amazing prize planned for the winner" Bart adds.

"So what are you singing?" Lauren asks. "I'm not singing" I mumble.

Her mouth drops and she looks at me stunned. "Ally you have to" she says sticking out her bottom lip.

"Nah but anyways, what are you singing?" I ask. "Um I think I might sing 'Thinking out loud' " she replies. I love that song.

"Ally please sing with me" she asks. "No I'll get stage fright" I reply. "I'll be singing with you please? You can accompaniment us with Shawn's guitar?" She asks. I pause for a long moment. "Fine" I sigh and Lauren shrieks.

****

"Let's give a huge cheer for Shawn!" Mahogany shouts into the microphone. Shawn waves before walking off stage.

"Next we have Hayes Grier and Taylor Caniff!" Mahogany shouts.

"Good luck babe" I say. He winks at me and walks on stage.

$$$$

They sing/talk into the microphone and dance. Hayes does the body roll causing the fans to scream and cry. I laugh and they both do the nae nae.

Once they're finished Hayes walks over to me and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder and listen to him trying to sing. I start to giggle because he is terrible.

"Our last act is Ally and Lauren!" Mahogany shouts. My stomach churns and I start to feel a lump in throat. Lauren's amazing at singing so she doesn't even look nervous.

"Woo go on babe. You'll do great" Hayes says and kisses my cheek. I give him a weak smile and walk on stage with Shawn's guitar.

The lights dim and the fans hold there phones in the air and sway.

I strum the guitar and play 'Thinking out loud'. Lauren sings the first verse and I begin to calm down. Lauren stops and I start to sing.

"Darlin I, will be loving you till we're seventy" I sing.

"Omg" I hear whispers from the fans.

I look over to the side of the stage to see everyone with their mouth dropped. I smile and shake my head. I continue to sing until the song is over.

The lights reappear to reveal that most of the fans are crying and screaming. I begin to cry as well as I never thought that I would be able to overcome my fear of singing in front of people. Never mind hundreds of people.

I run off stage and hug Hayes. He lifts me up and pecks me on the lips.

"Babe since when were you such a talented singer?" Hayes asks.

I blush and shake my head.

"Ally, Lauren, you guys are amazing" the rest of the guys say.

Bart walks on stage and picks up the microphone. "Hello everybody!" He says and the fans scream back.

"I think that the winner is fairly obvious so here it goes" he says and then pauses for about 30 seconds. I hate when TV presenters do that on telly so much.

"The winner is... Ally and Lauren!" He screams. Oh damn.

Lauren and I walk on stage and bow. "You guys have won a free smoothie each!" Bart says with excitement. Oh wow, they're so kind. They must have stayed up all night trying to plan this 'amazing prize'. (Note the sarcasm)

I smile and start drinking my smoothie. I walk off stage and all of the others run up to me. "Can I have some?" They all ask.

"Guys if you all taste it, she'll have nothing left" Hayes says taking my hand and walking away. "Can I have some?" He asks and I giggle while he sips on the straw.

I continue drinking my smoothie while Nash and Cam are telling jokes on stage. Oh God they're so funny.

"What the hell is that?" I ask myself. "What's wrong?" Hayes asks. I put my hand in my cup and take out the piece of paper.

I unfold it and stare at it in shock. "Oh my god" I shriek. Hayes takes the piece of paper and reads it out loud.

"Congratulations, you have won an opportunity to record your own song at... Hollywood Records!" He drops the paper and stares at me in shock. He picks me up and spins me around.

He puts me down and I run to Lauren and tell her the news. She looks down at her smoothie and realises she got the piece of paper too.

Never in a million years did I think that this would happen but life can always surprise you.