Chapter 9

Ally's POV

"What's so funny?" Nash asks with a confused look on his face

"I saw you and Tiff together" I say trying to hold my laugh. "Oh. That's um awkward" Nash says as his cheeks turn red.

"Well you can't say much, what about you and Hayes?" Tiff says with a smirk appearing across her face.

"Shut up" I reply getting a bit embarrassed. "Shall we go?" Nash asks grabbing her hand. "We shall" she replies leaving me alone in the hallway.

"Ally? Is that you?" I here Hayes calling from upstairs. "Ya I'm coming" I shout back up.

I run upstairs and barge into his room causing him to jump. "Nash and Tiff were making out" I tell him as his mouth drops.

"No way" he says as a smile spreads across his face.

"I bet that by the time they come home they'll be dating" I say. "Definitely"

"Wanna go to the park?" He asks and I nod.

We walk to the park and tell each other a bit more detail about our lives. "So your moms a baker and your dad is a lawyer?" He asks. "Yup, my mom has her own bakery down town called 'Sprinkles'." I reply.

"I went there yesterday and it was so nice". He smiles and adds "I might get a few freebies so eh?" He winks.

We walk through the entrance of the park and we walk to a tree that's up a hill. We climb up it and make ourselves comfortable as we sit down.

"You know, Nash is really protective so he will basically be like the brother you never had" he laughs.

I get a little pain in my heart hearing those words. I feel my eyes water and a tear trickles down my cheek.

He looks back up to me. "Babe what's wrong? Did I say something?"

I open my mouth to speak but words don't come out. All my thoughts come back and I break down in tears.

I regain by confidence and finally speak "Hayes I had an older brother, Jake was his name. He would be 18 years old this day next month. He died when I was 6 so I don't have many memories of him."

He looks at me with sympathy and says "Ally, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't of said anything."

"It's okay Hayes, you didn't know". I reply and I can tell he feels really bad.

I pick up a pointy stick and start carving into the tree. I write Hayes and Ally and draw a heart around it.

"Aww, I'm going to draw us" Hayes says and I've a feeling that isn't a good idea.

"Taa-dahh" he says as he shakes his hands with a jazz kind of style.

It was a picture of two stick people holding hands. The girl had a triangle as a dress and two piece sticking out of her head as hair. He also drew a heart around it.

"Aww" I say and give him a peck of the lips.

He smiles at me and says "C'mon we better go back home", while holding out his hand.

I grab it and he helps me down the tree. We walk out of the park with our fingers intertwined.

A/N: Hey guys! 400 reads!:O I can't thank you guys enough!