5 - Who is he talking about?

TW:

DEPRESSING THOUGHTS
THINKING ABOUT SH CUTS

Who is he talking about?

Me? Some other random guy. Some person in the event?

Or me.

Honestly, I don't feel like dealing with this, I try to ignore it and just begin a conversation with Skeppy. Tired, I say, "Hey, Skeppy." Though, it sounded weird. Why do I sound so weird?

Whatever. Quickly soon after, Skeppy replies with a small hi. Without speaking, he gives me the IP to the Minecraft server through DMs and awaits for my arrival. Once I had joined was when one of us finally spoke.

"So, uh... Apart from earlier, how you feeling?" Skeppy asks as he types something on his keyboard. The sound of the keyboard led the conversation for a few seconds, until I noticed I had to answer.

Unsure of what to answer, I just respond with, "okay I guess. You?"

"Good."

The call fell silent again, Skeppy was just spewing out Simon says commands as the players relentlessly followed along gracefully.

Then I recalled something, "Hey Skeppy, what was in that amazon box from when we facetimed earlier?"

"I.. uhm. Nothing?" I could feel Skeppy blush from the other side of the call. I slightly tense up at what the box held inside, but decided not to worry.

Well, not worry for a few milliseconds.

He's being secretive. He's going to kill you when he comes. He's going to make sure you actually deserve to go through the phase you're having. He will beat you up and stuff you into a sink. Then he'll expose you for everything you've done. The jokes you've said. The horrible, awkward moments. And all of the lovey-dovey you said to him. Then your fans will laugh at you, cancel you and set up you and your best friend.

The final one isn't so bad.

I'd honestly rather that.

"-times do you go deaf?" Skeppy lightly chuckled to himself as I slowly returned to reality.

"Sorry."

"No! It's fine!" Skeppy insisted as he punched my character over and over. "Come on, join in!"

Not going to lie, the Simon says really made me feel alive for once. I wasn't confined to my bed, I wasn't alone, And I also didn't feel pressured nor was I recorded. I could be myself near Skeppy, and Skeppy could be himself around me. It felt comforting.

And surreal.

I was happy.

For most of the time.

And when I wasn't? I was cheered up easily. Skeppy always said something goofy, or done something funny to make me laugh right out of the sadness. Some of the topics we discussed during the event were somewhat sensitive, may it be trash talking another content creator (which I felt really bad for) or it just being out of context jokes. There were always something going on in the conversation that would never be on camera.

What surprised me the most though, is that there was a different feeling. A feeling of happiness. He was happy. I was happy.

Then a sentence dimmed my thoughts.

"So for meeting up, does Tuesday work for you?" He asks, still giggling from a previous joke as he killed a player.

Without thinking, I reply, "Yeah, it should. I'm excited to meet you." Not even a second later I already wanted to take those words back. I quickly go look on my phone for the date.

3rd July 2020, Sunday.

Sunday.

The cuts wouldn't even be healed by then. It's still summer too, he'd be suspicious if I wore hoodies and long sleeves stuff the entire time. Then he would know everything.

But he's too nice to leave anybody because of their depression. Who would he leave because of their depression?