Chapter 1/Prologue

„Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get quickly back ", I stated hastily. We, the kids, ran past grown-ups coughing up blood and falling down on the ground. It was a horrendous view. As we managed to get to Hyakuya Orphanage we had to face another horrific scene. Our nanny was laying on the ground. „Is she okay? ", sniffed Ato in worry. „Wait. I will check ", offered Yuu. He went to her and kneeled down to check her pulse. Everybody was waiting with anticipation, but who is the world kidding. The only response we have received, was a head shaking Yuu. I wanted to inquire, but suddenly we heard a glass shattering and footsteps approaching us. They wore greyish capes, had piercing reddish eyes and fangs pointing out. Vampires. But as small and weak we were, we couldn't do a single thing and so we got shoved to a track forcefully like every other child as well. While Ako and Fumie cuddled up to me as in searching protection and safety, I was recalling the current situation. Thinking of what is going to happen next. After the virus broke out killing millions of people, the vampires came onto surface and took children until the age of twelve into their so-called custody or rather as their blood bags back to their vampire city Sanguinem, where a certain vampire queen ruled.