Chapter 10

Beep.Beep. Beep. "Oh, shut up", I growled annoyingly as I smashed my hand on my alarm clock. I opened my eyes lazily to look at the time. 5.15 am. I sighed feeling completely tired, but I still decided or rather forced myself to stand up and take a shower before I went to the assigned meeting place. After the nice fresh cold shower, I put on my uniform. It was actually very similar with Shinoa's uniform. The minor difference was only that instead of wearing the dark pink bow, I had a small lapis brooch attached to my uniform (author's note: I imagined the uniform to look  something like in the picture above ≧◠‿◠≦✌). Nevertheless, as I was finished, I left my room and was immediately faced with Yuu and Shinoa on the hallway. "Do you mind tacking along with us?", Shinoa inquired politely. "No, not at all."

And so, the three of us started to walk. We even had to take once a train. As we arrived, we saw Yoichi waving while standing beside Kimizuki. Not far from them was a blond girl arguing with Guren. "My, my she looks cute when she argues", Shinoa remarked. I had to stifle a laugh. "What did you say, Hiragii", ticked the girl, "and what a you are laughing about?!" She then glared at me. I gulped nervously. "So, you are all finally here", said Guren ignoring the whole situation. "Before you dig into your mission, I would like to add a further member to your squad", he paused, "that's Mitsuba Sanguu."

-Timeskip-

We were now walking for hours through empty streets and destroyed and long-abandoned buildings on the way to Shinjuku. Luckily, our boys have found a car, which was after few repairments functional again. "How long until we get there?", I asked my passions grwong thin every minute. "We will be soon there, stop wincing around, (y/n)", said Mitsuba slightly peeved. "No need to be so mean", I fake-cried. We then busted into a laugh. Even though she was hot-tempered and easy to irritate, I knew that deep inside she was a sweet girl. "Look!", Yoichi shouted out and pointed his finger to the front. We then saw in afar how smoke was raising. "Wait. There is somebody upfront", Yuu stated hastily. There was a male figure walking casually. My heart stopped in tracks. "That guy is a noble one", Yuu stated. "Quickly, everybody jump out", Shinoa commanded quickly. We obeyed without hesitation. And the car continued to drive with full speed against him, but he still managed to stop it with one hand. With one bare hand! Shinoa then started to give orders and before we could complete our formation, I felt something quickly pass me. Instantly, I was grabbed from behind, a sudden gasp escaping me. Panic rose and my heart was beating crazily. "Leave her alone!" I heard Yuu screaming as he tried to hit the vampire with his sword. He, however, got away with me expertly. "Not bad for a human. But maybe next time", he said amusingly. I tried to wiggle out of his tied grip but to no effort. "Now, now (y/n). There is no need to be so feisty", he stated in amusement. 'Oh no', I thought realising who it was. I then looked at my comrades who were confused of where he knew my name. Especially Yuu. "My apologies didn't know I was your little secret", he muttered with a bemused tone near my ear, so only I could hear it. He then was again attacked by an angered Yuu, but this time he let go of me and I stumbled forwards only to be caught by Kimizuki. Before the others could interfere, two women appeared, beside the noble vampire. The one was blonde, and her hair was tied into two pigtails. From the first look you could assume that she was more mature, and calmer compared to the other one, who had purple short hair and a childish demeanour.

"Lord Crowley, Lord Ferid awaits you at the front", reported the blonde one with a slight bow.

"But before that, should we assist you by killing those petty humans", said the purple-haired one while licking her lips with pure excitement.

"Lord Crowley", I mouthed it quietly. My lips curved into a small smile. "What did you say", snapped the purple-haired one at me. 'Oh. I forgot that the vampires have a sharp hearing' but nevertheless I retorted back: "It's none of your business, shorty."

Dead silence. My squad looked partly bewildered at my courage partly horrified as in what is going to happen next. Even the vampires were kind of taken aback. "Do you have a death wish", the purple-one sneered ready to attack. But she was stopped, by Crowley saying, while looking straight into my eyes and having a small, amused smile: "No, need for that. We are finished here. Also, we shouldn't leave Ferid waiting for us, now should we?" And so, the three of them left. I let a long breath out calming myself. I then was suddenly bone-crushed into a hug by Shinoa. "Thank god, they didn't do anything to you."

"Yeah, that was really a close one", I agreed with her. "But still amazing on how you pulled that through with her", said Kimizuki. "Was that a compliment", I laughed. "Oh, shut up"

We then started to walk to the city. To my concern, Yuu seemed pretty quiet. "Yuu, is everything all right. You seem quiet down."

"Everything is okay. I just got quite scared back there. Scared of losing you as my last family member. Also seeing myself so weak." I felt bitter but also happy that he cared for me. "It's okay, Yuu. Don't blame yourself, you did would you could. Besides look I'm all unharmed"

"Besides", Mitsuba interfered, "He was off our limits. Didn't you see how super strong he was and how fast. We weren't ready for it."

"Yeah you're plausible. This means we are going to give our best next time", Yuu spoke up, now all determined.

We all agreed. But the next few words let my blood freeze. "By the way, (y/n), from where does this noble bloodsucker know your name?"