Chapter 17

It's been two days since the accident in Ferid's mansion and my bruises were finally fully recovered. Right now, I was spacing out of the window while watching small kids running around the streets. I sighed remembering my time, which I spent with my family here. A soft knock was heard, and I turned around, seeing Horn smiling at me. One could say, we became sorts of friends in the last few days. I even told her about the accident that occurred with the silver-haired vampire. "This sick bastard", she spat utterly disgusted after I finished my story. I nodded in agreement. "I must admit I hate him to my guts as well. It angers me even more that our Lord works with him at times", she proclaimed, and her eyebrows irked in frustration. "Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this kind of view", I added while taking a sip of my freshly brewed tea. Even though I was vampire now, I still craved for human food and drinks. Just the thought of it made me quirk my lips upwards lightly. "Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you", Horn started, "We are going on a mission outside. And you are coming with us." My eyes widen in surprise. "Really?! So, I'm going to fight against...humans" The last part I whispered more to myself, but it didn't go unheard by Horn as she chuckled at my statement. "Of course, you are going to fight against humans, silly. I mean you are one of us now." "Agreed", I stated determined. Despite the fact that for the past few weeks I remained within the walls of Sanguinem, I would every now and then sneak into Crowley's office room at night-time, where he would usually sit at his desk, hunched over a stack of paperwork, fully concentrated. Mostly, I would place myself somewhere near the fireplace and read a book, not wanting to distract him. The same thing couldn't be said about me though as I would always glance over to him in appreciation, trying also to analyse him, which was hard as hell as his expression remained most of the time unreadable. However, I quickly picked up a few antics of his that would display his hidden emotions, which I was happy about as I could act accordingly. I knew deep down that he was very tired, but he would never admit it. So, I would try to confront this issue from a different angle. There were times I would strike a conversation or offer him help with his overloading paperwork. At first, he was hesitant, but nevertheless allowed it. There were even a few times, I would offer him blood, which he savoured in delight. Though my first time made my cheeks burn up at the sheer memory. This particular night he was exhausted and drained from energy completely. The worst part was that he was too stubborn to admit it as I would push him to continue his work on the next day. Anger fuelled me inside profusely, so I threw my book to the ground as I got up and stormed towards his desk. I don't how or where I got this kind of strength, but I manged to push his chair slightly back before I planted myself on his lap. It was also the first time I caught him completely off guard and his crimson eyes widen in a mixture of shock and confusion. I pulled down my sleeve allowing my naked skin of my neck and shoulder to appear prominently. "If you are too stubborn to admit that you're beyond exhausted then drink at least some of my blood", I shot at him as I held steady eye contact with him. There was fire burning behind his eyes before he breathed out a 'Fine'. He leaned closer, and I remember I had to repress my shiver at his touch before he bit in. Even though he was consuming my blood hungrily it didn't hurt at all, quite the contrary, I felt some unexplainable pleasure from it. This ecstasy was nearly unbearable, and I nearly let a moan slip out of my mouth, but I managed to pull myself out of this daze and clasp my mouth shut with one of my hands. When he pulled away from me, he looked at me with an intense stare. I saw a barely unnoticeable smirk on his lips. I huffed before realising what I actually pulled through. All of a sudden I felt shy and small and I stuttered while glancing to the side, finding the floor more interesting out of the sudden: "I apologise for my rude behaviour from before." "No need to, (y/n). I'm actually thankful for your action and your delicious treat", he stated with amusement. Without a further word, I wanted to get up, remembering that I was still sitting on his lap and this still lingering overwhelming feeling from before was not yet extinguished. He must have definitely sensed something during his little feist, because as soon as he pulled me back by my wrist, he held an amused twinkle in his eyes as if he knew what was bothering me. While interlocking our eyes there was a strong tension in the room, nearly suffocating me. The burning desire inside of me wouldn't leave, it was getting even worse by the second...I needed him...I needed him badly. Before I could proceed with any further action, he pulled me closer as he leaned into my ear, a shiver run down my spine and I bit onn my lip before he whispered in a low tone: "Control yourself, my dear, we don't want that our work gets delayed to our queen, now do we?" Snapping out of my trance, I nodded vigorously, cursing my own feelings and body for betraying me. Surprisingly, he let me sit on his lap holding my waist with one hand steadily while continuing to write with his other. His gaze now completely focused on his papers again. But his little playful smile didn't escape my sight, which made me smile inwardly as well. I don't know how, but I ended up falling asleep on him. Only to wake up next day in my room. Later during some of the conversations he would tell me about the outside world, and this is how I got to know that my kin was experimenting on their own people, even creating seraphs, Yuu being one of them. I was so furious, and this is how I started to despise them, especially the higher-ups. Amondra was right from the beginning about those sick monsters. How dare they call us vicious creatures or monsters if they are ruthless  monsters themselves. "So, when are we leaving?", I asked after stopping myself from drifting off to my memories. "In about a half an hour or so", Horn confirmed calmly. "Whaaaat!!! You should have told me that much sooner" Horn started to laugh while I jumped up on my feet and started to prepare myself.

#Timeskip#

We were now sitting on a plane for about an hour. Though being bored as hell, I inspected my bracelet that was given by Crowley, smiling mildly. "Where the hell did you get that from?", Chess sneered. My eyes narrowed. "I'm not obliged to tell you that. How about you mind your own damn business, shorty", I remarked. Anger radiating from her, she wanted to snap but she got interrupted by Horn. "Well, it is indeed a very beautiful and elegantly crafted bracelet. Was it a gift?" I could feel how my cheeks were burning up. "Yeah, it was a gift" I could hear Crowley humming slightly: "I see it's something special then, if you insist on wearing it" Choking literately on the air, I answered: "It would be inappropriate of me to not wear it after somebody has gifted it to me. Besides it should bring me luck." He looked me then deep in the eyes, smirking. "Whoever gave it to you would be very happy to hear your kind words." 'Such a damn teaser', I thought to myself while rolling my eyes. Feeling, however, Chess' burning stare, I looked out of the window avoiding her gaze. 'That shorty must have sensed something'

Soon we arrived and were immediately attacked by the soldiers. "Give me a break", I commented annoyed as I slashed through a body. "No time for that", Crowley stated amusingly next to me. I stuck out my tongue, followed by "Whatever"

#Timeskip#

I was literally fighting the whole day. "Is it going to end any sooner", I enquired nobody in particular. I was tired and sweating like a pig. "I need definitely a shower- "But I got interrupted as a dagger came flying my way. Luckily missing my face by a few inches. Being surrounded by five soldiers now, I was thinking of some sorts of strategy. "That's the traitor girl", a soldier informed the others. I just rolled my eyes. 'Is this now my new cute little nickname' Giving me no time of thinking, they attacked me. I was keeping up with them, but in the end it's still one versus five skilled men. Not that I'm a bad fighter, but I'm still lacking some real long-lasting battle experiences. By now three were already down, though my strength was slowly losing up, making me throw some sloppy hits. Breathing heavily, I was attacked once again by the two soldiers. Unfortunately, the one managed to cut my arm slightly, making me hiss out in pain. They started to snicker in triumph, but it soon ended as they got slaughtered by another sword. I breathed out in relief. "Thanks, Lacus", I thanked him genuinely. He only smiled amusingly. "You look pretty awful, sweety" I sat on a stone taking a break while responding: "Well, I can't look fabulous after such an exhausting battle now, can I?" Lacus bursted out in a laugh. "You are so mean, Lacus", I huffed. A grin plastering on my face as well. Fortuitously, I looked passed Lacus as I saw something in the distance shimmer. 'Is that a canon pointing at us' My eyes widen in a realisation. Quickly, I jumped up and ran towards Lacus as fast as I could, who looked at me quizzically. In last second, I shoved him a side as a canon shot was heard. Thereupon, I was wrapped in a gigantic thick net allowing me to fall down. "Oh, shit", I could hear Lacus say, who ran abruptly to me. I could hear many footsteps approaching us. Panickily, I stated: "Leave, Lacus. You need to leave." "No, I'm not going to leave my entertaining girl behind" 'Is this a joke right now', I thought sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Come on. I'm begging you. Don't let them capture both of us." Ignoring me he yelled at me: "Why did you take the blow for me then" "Don't be ridiculous. Because you're my friend now, obviously. And I don't care what you think of me" That shocked him. "Fine", he stated bitterly while standing up. One could hear the screams of the soldiers nearby. On cue, Lacus sprinted off. Before he turned into a corner, he sent me one last glance. I smiled mildly. 'At least one could escape." And I passed out as I got knocked out cold with an object.