Chapter 11

'I have to think of something. I can never reveal how I met him. Twice specifically. Yuu would behead me personally'

"Ehm...to be honest I don't know", I blurted out. It was not the best excuse, but partly it was the truth. He did call me by my name, but I never had the chance of asking him from where he knew it. "I see", Yuu replied hesitantly. I felt really bad for lying and it felt even worse that Yuu sensed that I was lying. But it was for the best, so I hoped at least. By now, we were hiding in a department store for the night. Not long after, everybody was fast asleep, a part of myself as there was currently too much on my mind. Still, I closed my eyes, and as I opened them, I was in the middle of nothingness. "So not tired at all or are you just playing the tough one here?", Amondra asked casually while appearing from behind me. In a blink of an eye, she was now close to my ear and she whispered dangerously low. "Or is there, my dear (y/n), another hidden reason for your suffering?"

"I don't know it myself. I just have a lot on my mind lately."

"Really? Like keeping the secret from Yuu and the others", Amondra declared knowingly with a devilish twinkle in her eyes as she was now facing me. 

"Wait what. How do you know?!"

"Believe me or not (y/n), I know lots about you", she smirked. "Sorry, Amondra, but this just sounds way too creepy." She then bursted into a loud laughter, which was so contagious that I too started to laugh. "Don't worry (y/n). I'm just messing with you. I don't know any specific details or something but only about some things that take place outside your mind."

"Fine. I admit I'm indeed hiding something from them", I affirmed as I knew it would be foolish to decline it, especially since my demon already was aware of the issue.

"Lord Crowley. To be specific", she intoned as a matter-of-fact. I could feel my cheeks were burning. "Now my dear, don't blush"

"I'm not", I pouted. "Yes, you are", she said triumphantly with a smirk. "No, that's a fatal assumption. But yes, it has something to do with him." "Now that's my girl. Just spill the beans don't be shy", the she-devil continued to tease me. I huffed before becoming serious once again.

"However, you do understand my situation, don't you? I can't tell anybody about our encounter, especially to Yuu. He would get furious. Besides, you said last time to be more careful of the higher-ups. So, I don't want to risk it. Not that I don't trust my team but if anyone else should get to hear it. I would be in major trouble. At worst, I could drag my whole team down." 

"Agreeable. But I'm sure, even if your dear brother would find out, he would understand you. I'm sure of it. As for the rest...", she holded for a second and sighed. "For now, it should just stay a secret between us."

"Thanks, Amondra that I could tell you this. I do feel now calmer about this whole situation as well."

"No problem, (y/n/n). I'm here for you."

It was still night outside as I opened my eyes again. I sat up and saw that everybody was still sound asleep. I then stretched myself. 'Such a nice feeling', I thought to myself smiling when some of my bones cracked in satisfaction. Knowing that I wouldn't sleep anymore, I decided to look around the building for a bit. So, I sneaked through the sleeping bodies of the others. I was exploring different corners of this department now, and imagining the previous lives of people, how they spend their time in this overcrowded building. But being careless as always, I stepped on some uneven bottom plate, making me fall through it. Though in the last second, I still manage to grab on some thick cables. 'Just great. It couldn't get any better', I thought sarcastically, 'I had two option: To fall down and break my neck or to try to climb back, begging to the almighty god that the cables do not rip apart. I prefer the latter.' So, I started to pull myself up but to no avail. But being the person, who is followed by misfortune, the cables started to rip apart. "Oh, no that's really bad. I can't even call for help, being that far away from the others" I tried again while groaning like some wild animal. But again to no avail. Sweating and having only little power left, I tried my third luck, but suddenly the cables tore apart. My eyes widen out of fright, and it felt as if my heart stopped beating. I wanted to leave a scream of desperation but was interrupted as somebody grabbed me by my arm firmly and pulled me up with full force. I landed on my knees, gasping. I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. "How come", I started still kind of out of breath and in shock state, "that you happen to save me every time when I'm in need." "Perhaps it's fate", he just said simply while still holding his usual amusement on his face. I just chuckled lightly at his response, which sounded more like a question.

"Maybe", I agreed jokingly, "But really. Are you somehow following me?"

"Hmmm...Who knows", he said while making a gesture of when you are thinking, "But I'm just somebody who likes to roam around, exploring stuff, as long the time allows it."

I had to shake my head lightly: "So you happen to be a curious explorer as I am." He just grinned while he walked to an opening of a broken wall, which allowed to have a open view on the town. I too then walked towards him but let myself sit down while allowing my legs to dangle freely. "I ought to say you my thanks again for saving me"

"I ask myself, how a human like you can get herself into danger that frequently."

"I just happen to have bad luck my whole life", I tried to explain myself, feeling all embarrassed, "But I need to ask you...from where you actually know my name?"

"Now that's something you have to find out on your own" I was speechless.

"W-Wait, what! Are you actually kidding me?!" I sprang to my feet. "Digging up information about me is my business!!" Seeing my little outburst made him only chuckle amusingly. Then he suddenly took my wrist, making me  to close my mouth in the process. With nagging curiosity, I noticed him putting something around my wrist gently. As he let me go, I was astonished. There was now a golden and very elegantly made bracelet. "Oh my god. That's so beautiful. Thank you. But...But why are you giving it to me?", I asked perplexed. It was the last thing I expected to get a gift from some vampire. He only smiled genuinely. "Maybe it brings you some more luck" His words made my heart flutter lightly and I knew that my cheeks must have been dusted with pinkish colour as they were burning up excessively. "Though I have to take my leave now. Let's chit-chat some other time" His voice bringing me back out of my daze. I blinked a few times trying to comprehend his statement.

"But why? Can't you stay longer?" "Somebody is coming" He then wanted to leave until I grabbed him by his arm. He stopped in his tracks, his face switched into a confused expression. "At least tell me your full name", I asked him with hoping eyes.

"Crowley. Crowley Eusford. The Thirteenth Progenitor" He then left as quickly as he came.

"(y/n)!" I turned around and saw Yuu. "What are you doing out here, Yuu?"

"I could ask you the same thing"

"I just couldn't fall asleep anymore and so I decided to look around a bit until I found this spot. And what about you?"

"More or less the same reason. But as I saw you were missing, so I decided to look for you. And so here I am", he stated proudly, but his facial expression changed into one of curiosity, "since when do you have a bracelet?" I, then, messed with his hair, which he disapproved. "Well, I've found my lucky charms on one of the shelves here. And believe me or not it was free of charge." Yuu rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Really what a surprise", he stated sarcastically. I snickered. "Let's head back. A long day is awaiting us."