Chapter 21

"Hi, Mika long time no seen", I stated with a weak smile. "Mika what an honour to see you here", Lacus exclaimed, his tone full of sarcasm, "I just knew you were worried about your sweet sister" I rolled my eyes at Lacus. "Save your breath", Mika stated annoyed. "So mean", Lacus pouted making me snicker. A visible tick mark appeared on Mika's forehead. He then grabbed me by my arm dragging me away. Surprisingly, I didn't pull my arm away but before we disappeared behind a corner I yelled out: "Guys, let's catch up later" Lacus waved me in return with a smirk while Réne remained stoic.

"Mika, stop", I ordered making Mika instantly stop in his tracks. "We need to talk", he finally spoke. "No shit", I said. Mika rolled his eyes towards my attitude. He then opened his mouth to speak again but I took this opportunity and interrupted him. "Look before you start lecturing me, you should know that I won't change my mind even if you are my family." 

Mika shook his head in disappointment. "Stubborn as always" A small smile appeared on my features. "You know, Mika, you need to learn to accept yourself" 

"I cannot accept the fact that I'm a vampire, I would rather die. I don't understand why on earth you would accept it that easily" 

"Because there is somebody I care for and anyways I don't have time for sulking." Mika gritted his teeth in anger. "I will never accept this" 

"But you have to. It's who you are now, and you can't change that anymore. Don't forget that you're not alone, Mika. You still have Yuu and me. In the past we couldn't protect us because we were weak, but now we have the strength to become stronger." Mika's eyes went wide at realisation. "Don't give up, no matter what you are. Inside you're still the same person. Remember that. Besides there is still this bastard we have to kill one day" This made Mika smile. "Sadly, we are still weak, and we wouldn't stand against Ferid." 

"Then let's postpone that for another time", Mika started, "I would propose that the best thing would be now is to rescue Yuu from those sickening humans." "Now this sounds like a plan" I stated enthusiastically. 'I hope Yuu and the squad are fine right now', I thought to myself bitterly.

"And with what exactly did you come up with, my dear Mika and (y/n)?" 'Shit that voice again' I immediately turned around making eye contact with him, a shiver ran down my spine. "None of your business, Ferid", Mika spat venomously while pulling me behind him. "How rude of you, Mika. I never knew that asking a question would be a crime." Ignoring his statement expertly I uttered: "Why do you even care. Besides shouldn't you be in Lord Crowley's mansion?" 

"And shouldn't you be sneaking out of the mansion again", Ferid retorted back mischievously. My eyes went wide. "Oh, yes my dear, I know everything. You can't keep secrets from me. And mark my words there will be a time where your Lord won't be able to come to your aid." "Enough, Ferid. You won't touch a single hair of hers nor take her blood", Mika declared warningly. "But didn't I already do that", Ferid stated innocently and amused, "Oh, I remember her sweet blood and her pleas of letting her go." "I will murder you", Mika uttered furiously, ready to attack. On cue, a voice appeared. "Lord Ferid, the queen is awaiting you." I turned around and saw Lacus, who gave me a wink making me genuinely smile in return. "Let's continue it the next time, my dear friends", Ferid chuckled sadistically. After he disappeared, I exhaled. "I assume it was a good timing", Lacus stated calmly. "One could say that", I agreed, "But I have to go now or else I'm gonna be really in some major trouble." 

A sweat drop appeared on Lacus' forehead. "Again. You're like a magnet to danger and trouble, my sweety." I started to laugh loudly. "Well, life would be boring without it." 

"I don't know what so funny about it. But let me get straight to the point. Why didn't you tell me?" Mika looked hurt. I sighed. "I'm sorry, Mika. Last time I was kinda pissed at you because of your outburst. On top of that I didn't want you to worry about- "I got suddenly hugged by Mika. "Only because you're the older sister doesn't mean that I can't help you or whatsoever. Since we were small you always made us happy while hiding all the problems and suffers." A tear slipped my eye. "Sorry, I promise I won't keep everything to myself." Mika nodded in approval. We told our goodbyes and I sprinted off to our mansion. On the way back it became dark already. 'Just great. I hope I'm not in trouble.' Soon I managed to arrive at the front doors of the mansion. Slowly I opened the doors as quiet as possible and went in closing the main doors behind me. Silence. Not a single soul was heard. 'There are two possibilities now. Either he didn't notice my absence or Crowley and the other two are out on some sorts of conference with the other noble vampires. In this case, I would prefer the latter.' Climbing up the stairs, I was tiptoeing as quiet as possible hoping not to make any sound. Because don't forget vampire's ears are sharp as hell. Being now on the first floor there were about another five turns that I had to take in order to arrive in my room. I gulped. A single sweat bead running down my face. 'Breath, (y/n), breath.' I told myself trying to calm down my nerves. I then started to walk, turning every second around or so to look if somebody was actually standing there. A cold chill ran through my entire body as a husky voice whispered into my ear. "Do you have a death wish?"