Chapter 6

Four years have passed since Yuu's and my escape from the vampire city. After we were taken under the custody by the Moon Demon Company, our lives have changed drastically yet again. We were trained as soldiers, so that we could annihilate those vampires running loose. Our goal was to get into the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Namely, because they were the best out of the best. Having a contract with a demon and receiving immense power sounds great. Especially, Yuu was thrilled, having this opportunity to kill each and every bloodsucker that was still roaming outside.

So here we are having our first mission. Annihilating the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Sadly, Yuu and I were separated into two different squads. But, luckily, me being adult now, I got the chance of experiencing the role as the squad's captain. Though only for momentarily until our leader is healthy again. At the beginning we were fighting skilfully, and everything was under control. Unexpectably, nobody noticed that four vampires appeared unnoticeably and having normal weapons we did not have a chance against them. My whole squad was killed. And again, as a captain I couldn't do a thing. 'This kind of reminds me of the past', I thought bitterly as I bit on my lip, 'at least this time we got to kill three vampires.' Now I was running for my life. Again. Exhausted. Hopeless. The last vampire close behind. But I couldn't afford to die. Not today. I have still to protect Yuu and get revenge on this bastard, who massacred my only family that I ever had. I was turning into every corner. But karma said 'hello' to me and so I stumbled over something and fell on the ground with a loud gasp. I quickly wanted to get up and continue running, but I was grabbed by my ankle and was dragged back to the spot I was laying, literally, seconds ago. Harshly, I was turned around and was met with a hungry looking vampire. My heart was beating violently, and I could feel how I was shaking. "Let go of me, you fucking asshole", I growled profusely and tried to wiggle out of his firm hold. Surprised by myself from where I got this courage. "Shut your trap, livestock and prepare to die", he shouted at my face. Slowly, he started to bend down licking my neck. By now tears were running down uncontrollably. "Help! Somebody he- ", I screamed my lungs out, but was immediately cut off by a hand holding my mouth shut. "Shush it", he laughed sadistically. I was trying now to kick him but to no effort. He then pierced his fangs through my skin and started to drink my blood hastily. "Your blood tastes so sweet", he stated obsessed and continued to drink my blood greedily. I, slowly, started to feel how my blood was drained and my body giving up. Suddenly, he was torn off me with a brutal force, I turned to my side depleted and saw hazily how he was killed off easily. Who is it? Am I next? The last thing I saw, were some black boots with white heels and toes approaching to me before the darkness overtook me.