Chapter 23

Opening slowly my eyes, I rubbed them gently adjusting them to the bright light coming from outside. I sat carefully up and turned around, a gentle smile plastering on my lips. 'He looks so peaceful', I thought to myself while observing his sleeping feature. 'I need to take some shower.' Decision being made, I arose from the bed. I took the nearby blanket and threw it over myself as it was slightly cold being all naked. I then stood up and made my way to what I hopefully thought was a bathroom but as soon as I started to walk, I collapsed to the floor with a gasp. A chuckle erupted behind me making me turn around immediately, my cheeks burning up. "Somebody still weak from yesterday's night", Crowley stated fully amused. "Not funny", I pouted, puffing up my cheeks. Later, what I thought would be a normal shower session turned out to be another round of hot sex, making me at the end crawl out of the shower as my legs felt completely numb. By now I was already pulling on my uniform while Crowley was still under the shower. As soon as I put on my last garment, Crowley walked out with only one towel. Some water droplets still falling down while his hair was openly laying over his shoulder. "You like what you see", Crowley stated calmly. "Yes" My hands clasped over my mouth and my eyes went wide as I realised what I've just said. Upon my reaction he started to laugh. As he was fully dressed, his hair was still open, drying by themselves. I gulped and approached him slowly. Sensing me coming, he turned around at looked at my eyes. "Crowley, may I comb and bride your hair", I asked him shyly. Crowley was surprised by my request but nevertheless allowed it. Right now, I was squealing inside while outside a huge grin made its appearance. As we sat down, I started to work on his hair right away, combing all the knots out. 'His hair is so smooth. I wonder which hair product he uses. I have to check it out next time' 

"You know, you can't stay forever a half-fledged vampire", Crowley started, breaking the comfortable silence. "Why not?", I asked him as I was now braiding his long hair into his usual braid. "Right now, you're in a stage where you are not a full vampire but not a human being as well. And in order to complete it- ""I need human blood", I completed his sentence making me think about what he said. He nodded. "But what happens if I won't drink human blood?", I asked him curiously. "If you won't complete it, then you will simply lose your control over yourself and go berserk. At some point it will lead to your certain death." I gulped, his words marking my mind. By now I was finished braiding him, and he was now looking at me with an intense gaze.

"Just think ab- ", he started carefully. "Fine" I blurted out. An amused smile appeared on his lips. "I mean I can't go backwards anyway, why not complete it then." Without any word, he stood up and went to his desk, leaving me dumbfounded behind. He poured some red liquid into a glass. 'This must be some human blood', I thought understanding now his motives. He returned then with his glass back to me. At once he drank it, and before I could inquire, he kissed me. Blood now entering my mouth. 'There is no turning back now', I thought to myself and I drank it without hesitation. He pulled away, observing me. I could definitely feel that something was happening with my body. It was a very strange sensation. Abruptly I jumped up and ran to a mirror and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My (e/c) eyes were slowly turning into ruby red and my complexion became much fairer. 

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock heard, making jump out of my skin. "Come in", Crowley ordered lazily. 'Oh shit', I thought inwardly in panic and all embarrassed after remembering that I was still in his sleeping chamber. The door went open without giving me a slightest chance to disappear and in came Horn and Chess. Seeing me in his room standing, Horn gasped slightly and Chess was rooted to the ground. "I see you have fully turned into a vampire", Horn stated while looking proud. But I could sense that she had other thoughts as well, which she didn't dare to speak out as the mischievous twinkle in her eyes gave her away. I nodded, smiling all awkwardly. Ignoring me, Chess spoke up, though I could feel how she was boiling: "Lord Crowley, we should inform you that the queen wants to hold a conference, and she awaits all nobles to gather." "We should head then", he stated as a matter of fact while standing up from his chair. I sighed, thinking of what I could do in the meantime, being left behind again. A body appeared in front of me, I looked up and was met with Crowley's gaze: "You should join us."